U joints...

ccrdrums

ok i think its called a U joint but what helps if your U joint keeps slipping off on your double bass pedal how can i make it stay on nomatter how hard i screw it on?

drumshark

im not sure what its called either, but i know wut ya mean, if its absolutely wont stay its probly defective, or a cheap pedal, the only thing i can think of besides sending it to get fixed, or buying a new pedal, cover the part with hot glue and slide it over, then tighten it, just make sure no glue gets in the part that rotates or else it wont work. what pedal do you have?

Howepirate

ccrdrums":1awie3sp said:
its VEX ITS A BEGINNER PEDAL AND I WASNT EXPECTING MUCH OUT OF IT BUT HEY I LIKE IT
Lol watch the caps bro...

My axis have the connecting shafts on either side where the driveshaft connects drilled out and threaded. I can play 3 or 4 hours really hard really fast before the slightest slippage

ccrdrums

Empyrean Drums":qq1s42on said:
Buy another bass drum and use 2 pedals, you'll never have problems with your double pedal linkage again
:)

yea thats kinda my dilemma i cant afford to do anything much new i need a quick fix haha