Two Word Name, we gotta AWESOME drum song, check it out!

How are the drums on this song?

• They are friggin awesome!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They're good, the tom parts are too simple.

• THey're good, but too flashy

• Total voters

Multibomber

Yo, my band is called Two Word Name. One of our songs is an idea I've had in my head for about 5 years. The song makes very good use of my 2 different sized bass drums (22x16, 22x18). Please tell me if you guys like it or think it's super gay. The name of the song is "In The Mouth Of The Lion."

http://www.myspace.com/twowordname

Multibomber

Awesome!! I got 20 good seconds, yes! THere was supposed to be a poll option that said "This is the gayest thing I've ever heard!"

devilspain

have you packed those bass drums with loads of dampening. just asking cause not sure if its the recording or that they stuffed so you only get an attack sound. is that what your looking for. try rerecording the track with the bass drums singing.btw its good drumming not dissin ya. i personally think that the sound of your bass drums dont suits the composition of that song. the drumming is cool on the other tracks.

Multibomber

I agree with you 100%. It basically went like this. The engineer had never worked with me before, but has recorded 7 cds with our singer. The singer wanted the drums to sound like that, so thats what we got. I guess we're just stuck with that sound for these songs, but the next tracks wont sound like that.

Its also an analog recording so there wasnt too much sound manipulation we could do. And I personally use very little muffling on my BDs and none on the toms, but since we didnt have any gates, moongels were used.