twin pedals

Ronnie

I play with an Iron Cobra twin pedals I like the way they play and feel. But!
the left extension pedal always seems to drag and does not have the same action as the primary pedal. ANY SOLUTIONS?

drummert2k

you have a foot long piece of metal between the left peddle and the main pedal and the spring housing. you cant get them both exactly the same simply because of the physics with how each pedal moves to hit the head. only thing that might make it feel a little better is to tighten the spring tension a little for the left beater to give it a bit of a tighter action

m

The only solution I know of for getting the same feel on each pedal is to use a 'middle pedal.' As long as you're using a typical master/slave double setup you're never quite going to be able to get the exact feel on both sides, like D2k says . Most folks just compensate for that difference in feel, I guess.

this is the only setup I've found where both sides actually feel the same, because physically they are;

http://pointtremolo.com/pdf/off-set_basspedal.pdf

likelight2flies

i was actually just wondering the same thing. with all the adjustments you can make on the iron cobra you would think that you could get it close enough to the feel of a double kick. im still messing with the spring tension and beater angles as well as the counter weights hoping something will work. lol if you figure something out let me know..... i wish i could afford axis pedals much less trick pedals :(

likelight2flies

i just tried this out and it seems to be working for at least today lol

i made the spring tension on left pedal to the point that it took the same amount of pressure(with my hand) to do a complete stroke as it did with the master pedal. then to compensate for the left spring tension being looser(<--sp?) then the right i moved the left beater angle back more. if that makes any sense..... best way i can explain it right now but im a newb lol.

ozdrumnut

Hi.

I'm fortunate enough to be one of the few on the planet (besides Will Calhoun from Living Colur) to actually own and play a set of Sleishman 'Twin' pedals.

The left and right play exactly the same as each other and the action is just killer. They are a different beast all together, but they make so much sense.
You sit directly in the center of the kit. This helps so much as your hands are directly above your feet, the floor tom is right next to you (no turning to get to it) and the biggest win is the fact that there is NO connecting rod from the left footboard to the beater.

I live in Sydney and have had the privelage of visiting the Sleishman factory, meeting the inventor Don, playing his patented free floating drums (I will buy a set soon!) and being totally blown away by the concept of the original 'Twin Pedal'.

It was the first in the seventies and apparently there is a new one coming soon. When they come, check them out as I've been playing mine for nearly 10 years and have never looked back.

dark_realm

i have played with iron cobra's the whole time i have been playing, at the start they felt a little diffrent, but its the difference which i needed, i cant play when they both feel the same.. but thats just me..

meta L ucas

the most cost effective solution is to special order an AXIS drive shaft. the U-joints have all ball bearing action so there is NO play at all in the slave pedal. they cost about 100 bucks but its worth it. that sucker will STAY tight. your iron cobras will probably end up worth a lil more than it is right now.

manicdrums

Yeah, Two things are happening here.
1/ you left foot is probably more used to placying the hihat pedal, which is a lot looser and softer...
2/ the torque on the extension piece for the left pedal means that the pedal tends to lag, coupled with the universal joints which, by the sheer nature of the beast, are bound to have SOME play.

I play an Axis double pedal, which is probably as good as it's going to get, and I notice quite a bit of play. In the end, the ultimate compromise is to back off the spring as much as possible on the 'slave' pedal.

Bear in mind, too, that the slave pedal isn't hitting the same place on the drum head. They generally hit closer to the edge of the head, making it SOUND different, as well as feel different.

dougthedrummer

m":3pzvsgt7 said:
The only solution I know of for getting the same feel on each pedal is to use a 'middle pedal.' As long as you're using a typical master/slave double setup you're never quite going to be able to get the exact feel on both sides, like D2k says . Most folks just compensate for that difference in feel, I guess.

this is the only setup I've found where both sides actually feel the same, because physically they are;

http://pointtremolo.com/pdf/off-set_basspedal.pdf
This thing is pretty sweet looking.Gonna have to check this out...

Eiren

zen_drummer":21isbrwa said:
My Trick Pro 1V double feels EXACTLY the same on both pedals.
Aye, they're lovely.

They're two separate master pedals, rather than a slave and a master.