Turkmasters Cymbals

Howepirate

Come on guys, what could possibly be better than custom made cymbals??? Seeing as we already have a Saluda thread on here, why not throw Turk Masters, an equally individualistic company based on what you want in some of those big, brass, shiny disks we play on as drummers. Here's some info:

http://www.turkmasterscymbals.com/
info@turkmasterscymbals.com

Custom Hand-Made Turkish Cymbals

"A master cymbal smith first reviews your order and then draws up a basic specification
guideline for each and every cymbal type and style. These specifications include; size in inches, amount
in grams, bell type, cymbal finish, lathing, hammering, sound expectations of the finished cymbal,
etc. We will review the order with you before having them made at the foundry in Istanbul, Turkey. Turk
Masters are made by a select few of the world's renowned cymbal smiths famous for their skill and
expertise."

m

thanks very much for making this a sticky, HP- I really appreciate it!

I know TM's aren't as well-known as many of the other indie brands out there yet,
but I'm very happy with mine.
the company's still in its initial phase, but that gives them the ability to work very closely with you, and they're really nice folks. I got to hang out with them at the last winter NAMM, and have visited their hometown when we toured through Miami a few years ago. Willy was nice enough to come out to our show with a carload of cymbals for me to try out.
I highly recommend them

rufus4dagruv

Sorry for the negative post. I've been in a foul mood today and took it out on the sticky. Yeah, dumb, I know. Anywho, what's up with these pies? Anyone got any soundfiles?

Timekeep69

How dare you post this as a sticky! You are OBVIOUSLY showing favoritism towards this cymbal company! I say remove it now!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry....I just had to......carry on. :D

Howepirate

Timekeep69":1wrz1n0q said:
How dare you post this as a sticky! You are OBVIOUSLY showing favoritism towards this cymbal company! I say remove it now!!

Lmao, I love you PJ. hahahahahahah

michiganice91

A few of the reasons people dont buy cymbals from these smaller "custom" companies is the lack of resale value, warranty, famous artists, and a lack of history.

rufus4dagruv

michiganice91":28qlzdu3 said:
A few of the reasons people dont buy cymbals from these smaller "custom" companies is the lack of resale value, warranty, famous artists, and a lack of history.
If you find a Spizz for under $500, please, PLEASE, let me know. I'll take it.

anavrinIV

rufus4dagruv":27jt9fsi said:
michiganice91":27jt9fsi said:
ive listened to some sound clips of those and they sound very, very oriental. kind of a cool sound but not really anything i would be looking for.

anyone played any johans? honestly, i really dont like the sounds ive heard from them but i havent played any in person (plus, theyre really expensive).

michiganice91

rufus4dagruv":1wllensn said:
michiganice91":1wllensn said:
wuts a spizz?

xdoseonex

michiganice91":1diq00n0 said:
rufus4dagruv":1diq00n0 said:
michiganice91":1diq00n0 said:
wuts a spizz?
yeah for real

Howepirate

xdoseonex":239zwwia said:
michiganice91":239zwwia said:
rufus4dagruv":239zwwia said:
michiganice91":239zwwia said:
wuts a spizz?
yeah for real
Short for Spizzichino, cymbals made by a dude with that last name.

rufus4dagruv

xdoseonex":3j3fdrdo said:
michiganice91":3j3fdrdo said:
rufus4dagruv":3j3fdrdo said:
michiganice91":3j3fdrdo said:
wuts a spizz?
yeah for real
This is:

Here's a link to Roberto's site:

http://www.spizzichinocymbals.com/

Timekeep69

Howepirate":2bm6keha said:
Timekeep69":2bm6keha said:

Lmao, I love you PJ. hahahahahahah

Watch your professions of love to me, my wife gets jealous. :D

michiganice91

Aside from some fancy hammering..theyre just your standard B20's...am i right? Honestly I think Paiste is the best company, they dont use the turkish bronze unlike everyone else. Their treatments of the metal, and secret alloys are just superior IMO

rufus4dagruv

michiganice91":38h5eh37 said:
Aside from some fancy hammering..theyre just your standard B20's...am i right? Honestly I think Paiste is the best company, they dont use the turkish bronze unlike everyone else. Their treatments of the metal, and secret alloys are just superior IMO
If every other cymbal company uses "standard B20," wouldn't every cymbal of the same size sound the same? Of course not. Crafting a cymbal is artwork. It isn't something you just get up one day and decide to do, and even if you do, it doesn't mean you will be any good at it.

I enjoying learning as much as I can about drumming, and especially cymbals. I love buying and playing them, selling and trading them. IMO, there is no such thing as "the best" company in regards to bronze. I'll leave those broad generalizations for the inexperienced to argue with each other about as if one company's fictitious status is somehow a reflection of the player's character or integrity. If you are actually interested in learning more about cymbals, click the Spizz link, and maybe eventually you will enjoy learning about how the Turks, Italians, Swiss, and Chinese have influenced the art. Or maybe you won't.

pow3rtr1p

michiganice91 wrote:

And they charge you like they know it, too. Honestly, as much as I would like to play a set of Paistes, I got my entire set up for the price of a Paiste Signature Hi Hat...

michiganice91

pow3rtr1p":a56xawr3 said:
michiganice91 wrote:

And they charge you like they know it, too. Honestly, as much as I would like to play a set of Paistes, I got my entire set up for the price of a Paiste Signature Hi Hat...
i see where ur coming from

VOLAR

rufus4dagruv":3nz7y9zp said:
xdoseonex":3nz7y9zp said:
michiganice91":3nz7y9zp said:
rufus4dagruv":3nz7y9zp said:
michiganice91":3nz7y9zp said:
wuts a spizz?
yeah for real
This is:

Here's a link to Roberto's site:

http://www.spizzichinocymbals.com/
Roberto makes some great cymbals but his prices are well out of my league unfortunately.

VOLAR

anavrinIV":12ugh9g4 said:
rufus4dagruv":12ugh9g4 said:
michiganice91":12ugh9g4 said:
ive listened to some sound clips of those and they sound very, very oriental. kind of a cool sound but not really anything i would be looking for.

anyone played any johans? honestly, i really dont like the sounds ive heard from them but i havent played any in person (plus, theyre really expensive).
Roberto has made cymbals from both Asian and Turkish alloys.

Johan's cymbals are not usually my cup 'o tea but I did hear some 14" Sabian B8 (and I don't personally like the sound of Sabian B8's) model hats that he reworked into a pair of great jazz-type hats that I would love to have owned.