tuning rotations

Gazdkw82§

i know there has been lots of talk of tuning etc and im not gonna ask anymore about it. Im just searching for somewhere i can get all the tuning rotations for different size drums as an imagine so i can print them all out and stick them on the wall for referance.

anyone know where i can get them?

Dale

Gazdkw82§":il6d3d8k said:
i know there has been lots of talk of tuning etc and im not gonna ask anymore about it. Im just searching for somewhere i can get all the tuning rotations for different size drums as an imagine so i can print them all out and stick them on the wall for referance.

anyone know where i can get them?
There's no such system. All drums and head combinations differ.

I simply cannot understand these issues with tuning I see everywhere. It's not rocket science. Tuning a drum is as simple as ABC.

Gazdkw82§

take it easy! im not saying its difficult i just cant ever remember the rotations.

thanks meffajeffa thats exactly what i meant.

clatterdrums

Hey Gaz, you can also find the same diagram so nicely posted by meffa on Evans drumhead boxes. I have been playing for 25 years, and I still use the diagram from time to time. Sometimes it's the easy repetitive stuff that we have the most difficult time remembering.

And Dale you're right, it is not rocket science, but it is an art form in and of itslef and does take some of us longer to master than others.

PaulZILLA

yea. i will agree tuning isnt hard. but it is something that some people have to get used to. that diagram posted above really does help alot of people. there are a few vids on youtube that help alot for this. i watched some a guy posted from VIDEODRUMLESSONSONLINE and they really helped alot. they were pretty basic. and they layed it out so that anybody could understand.

Dale

clatterdrums":3w43vfvj said:
And Dale you're right, it is not rocket science, but it is an art form in and of itslef and does take some of us longer to master than others.
It's probably just my old age showing through. You know, cranky and awaiting my interview on the BBC series Grumpy Old Men. :D

It may be a good idea for all drummers to have a couple of conga lessons. Playing congas has a discipline whereby the student really has to develop proper and correct tone before moving onto rhythmic ideas. This practice is not as apparent in a drum set lesson that mainly revolves around sticking patterns.

As a teacher I make a point of devoting at least one lesson to tuning. Regardless of whether or not the student asked for it. I feel it is that important. I honestly believe it would save many students heartbreak if their teachers devoted some time to it.

So, everybody please await Dale's interview on Grumpy Old Men. :p

clatterdrums

Dale":jl73gj8s said:
clatterdrums":jl73gj8s said:
It's probably just my old age showing through. You know, cranky and awaiting my interview on the BBC series Grumpy Old Men. :D

It may be a good idea for all drummers to have a couple of conga lessons. Playing congas has a discipline whereby the student really has to develop proper and correct tone before moving onto rhythmic ideas. This practice is not as apparent in a drum set lesson that mainly revolves around sticking patterns.

As a teacher I make a point of devoting at least one lesson to tuning. Regardless of whether or not the student asked for it. I feel it is that important. I honestly believe it would save many students heartbreak if their teachers devoted some time to it.

So, everybody please await Dale's interview on Grumpy Old Men. :p
:D You're absolutely right and kudos to you for taking the time to teach your sutdents about the importance of and how to tune their instrument.