Truth Custom Drums

BleechDrummer

Anybody had much experince with them? I have a friend thats endorsed and loves them but wanted some other opinions. It seems that most custom companys these days are overpriced for what you get and are more about looks.........

pow3rtr1p

I have a friend who is also sponsored. He has a Truth snare, and it looks sweet. However, he still uses his DW set. Truth makes stuff probably a little below DW, Pearl Master, etc, but you can make it exactly the way you want it, from the paint job all the way down to the lug nuts. The sound is more than good enough for just about anyone to play live, but they may (or may not) choose to get a better sounding, albeit uglier, set to record on.

The drummers of Underoath and Matchbook Romance both are fully endorsed by Truth, and I think they have some of the best sounding drums, on record, in popular rock.

That being said, you may also want to look at SJC Drums. They, IMHO, look better than Truth, are cheaper, and a lot of my favorite bands' drummers use SJC Drums. If I had the $1500+ to drop on a shell pack with no hardware, I think I'd choose SJC. But if I was endorsed by Truth, unless I already has an absolutely stellar kit, I highly doubt I'd be disappointed.

zen_drummer

BleechDrummer":dt3huzuu said:
Anybody had much experince with them? I have a friend thats endorsed and loves them but wanted some other opinions. It seems that most custom companys these days are overpriced for what you get and are more about looks.........
Why pay for Truth drums when you can get the same quality or better from our own resident drum maker... Medicine Man Drums.

Seriously... anybody thinking about heading down the Keller route should give our boy a ring and keep the money local!

Gretz

Precision Custom Drums. I'm an endorser and have had two kits made.

I've played truth and was NOT impressed.

Precision is more concerned about quality drums and the sound... not so much on crazy finished and looks.

rufus4dagruv

zen_drummer":186im6bu said:
BleechDrummer":186im6bu said:
Why pay for Truth drums when you can get the same quality or better from our own resident drum maker... Medicine Man Drums.

Seriously... anybody thinking about heading down the Keller route should give our boy a ring and keep the money local!
Couldn't agree more.

NocturnalDrum

I'm normally one who doesnt talk shit, but Truth is shit. Heres why...
Having been an employee for OCDP for two years I look into over all craftmanship and working there has helped me narrow down what I'm looking for.

1. Truth uses the shitty black screws that tend to break over a two to three year span. I would recommend replacing them with steel screws and use a rubber guarded washer to protect your shell. Don't over-tighten or you'll crack your shell, use smaller washers on acrylic.

2. At NAMM we would get some undercover Truth reps to come peep our OC sets with high powered cams. They love to jock other peoples' style.

3. They have horrible bearing edges, the surface is all rough which makes for a tough time tuning your heads. Constant adjustment is a pain.

If your going the keller route by all means hit up OC, they're a bit pricey but your getting THE best quality drum on the market. SJC is doing great things nowadays but a great up and coming company is Battlefield drums, they make some awesome shit for a cheap price.