{trstn} Here is my Trick

trstn

I will measure the sizes and add them..
22" kick
10" 12" 14" 16" toms
12" Trick snare which I bought 5 years before the whole set.
17" and 19" Paiste pst5
20" Istanbul Alchemy raw ride (broken! *sob*)
14" Istanbul Alchemy HiHat
18" Stagg China / LP IceBell
DW stands and pedals
Yamaha Hihat machine

I'm very interested in which year this kit has been build, because it has older Trick outfit I think. I'll ask them. And I need some parts too.

I'll record a video ...

rock
trstn

trstn

A photographing friend was with me in the rehearsal space and took pictures.
I liked this one in particular and thought it's worthy to share.

devilspain

man you should get a new ride look at all the bums and bangs!! :O:O does it even still play nice?

(* btw im joking so ppl please dont bore me with stupid comments*)

FatherTime

SubKick... First time I've ever seen that. Does it really do anything? Well, other than make me ask questions.

trstn

FatherTime":13nnired said:
SubKick... First time I've ever seen that. Does it really do anything? Well, other than make me ask questions.
Yes, it produces a very warm low end for basedrum. I have experimented a little, I used it for guitar :) and such, it delivers very different sounds depending on position and angle. But I like it as as an additional mic for basedrum, the low end it produces has a warm pointy quality without being flabby. I used it in addition with a D112 which was a good idea because D112 in my trick kick sounded like you would dribble one of those large rubber gymnastic balls. So I could filter the D112 to get tone and kick and added the low end from the subkick, worked for me ( myspace.com/paincage I made Superbia, Weak was done by somebody else but both tracks have the subkick on kick. If you listen closely at the end of weak you'll hear strokes with subkick alone because the gate for the D112 did not open and I liked it that way :) ).

I heard that The Beatles used a HiFi speaker to mic the basedrum, for historical reference...

The price is very reasonable for the sound it delivers. I think we have somebody on in the forum who was involved in constructing it. Now I should get factorage.

trstn

dedrummervanrolf

you can make a subkick yourself if you want, I'm not sure if it'll sound as good as the yamaha thing, but the idea is pretty simple. if you have an old speaker left, 10 or 12 inch or whatever, wire it the other way around and its a mic! if you plug your headphones in a soundboard, or something, it works as a microphone too.