• Soca

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Calypso

• Both

• Total voters

pinkidrummer

Ok so I am going to Trinidad with my step-dad and his parents are wanting to put me in this drumming thing. I figured that I will probably be playing some Soca or Calypso music. Can't wait I might not be on for a month. Then when I get back I will be doing some drum lessons. Anyone else play Soca or Calypso music?

drumsforlife

I studied Calypso and Soca a couple years back and they were pretty easy to pick up. Calypso stuff is really fun. This steel drum band that was playing for my college's internaltional studies festival needed a replacement on drum kit and I filled in. No practice, no music. I just played the "feel." It was great. I'm actually doing so quasi-reggae/calypso stuff now down at the arts exchange here in town. If we can get some recordings up, I'll send them your way.

pinkidrummer

drumsforlife":2zyn0lhv said:
I studied Calypso and Soca a couple years back and they were pretty easy to pick up. Calypso stuff is really fun. This steel drum band that was playing for my college's internaltional studies festival needed a replacement on drum kit and I filled in. No practice, no music. I just played the "feel." It was great. I'm actually doing so quasi-reggae/calypso stuff now down at the arts exchange here in town. If we can get some recordings up, I'll send them your way.
Can I use a drum set for it?

pinkidrummer

pinkidrummer":3ve0j28n said:
drumsforlife":3ve0j28n said:
Can I use a drum set for it?
...?