Trick pedals???

stu

Has any one fooled with these things? Does any one have damn near a thousand dollars to fool with these things? They look like Axis with just a few differences. For the price those thing better do sexual favors.

m

stu":1hwghi85 said:
Has any one fooled with these things? Does any one have damn near a thousand dollars to fool with these things? They look like Axis with just a few differences. For the price those thing better do sexual favors.
there are several Trick threads already running, I'll see if I can scare them up with the crappy search function.
most are in the 'accessories' section

edit: here ya go:

http://www.drumsmylife.com/viewtopic.php?t=7763

http://www.drumsmylife.com/viewtopic.php?t=6573

zen_drummer

stu":1v95n46v said:
You can try one for yourself at the Drum Road Trip on June 28 and 29 in Rochester NY.

www.drumroadtrip.com

bermuda

I switched to the Trick pedals a few years ago (after more than 20 years with DW) and absolutely love them. They're powerful, yet smooth and agile at the same time. Best way to describe the feeling is that it really sticks to your foot. Light, heavy, slow, fast... just stays with you the whole time.

Yep, I know they're pricey - about $300 for a single, $800 for a double (which is actually two singles with a connector.) But they're just wonderful pedals. Anyone willing to spend $225 on a DW9000 should consider going the extra $75. Then again, if you're in the $100-125 range with the Pearl Eliminator or Tama Iron Cobra, I understand that it's a real stretch.

The 5 Star drum shops usually have the Trick pedal, and I think some Guitar Centers might have them. It's definitely worth checking out, but don't just make a snap judgement the first time you step on it, as pedals tend to get (mis)adjusted a lot in stores. Give yourself 5 minutes to play with it before deciding you love or hate it.

Bermuda