travis barker

transplants006

what do u fellow drummer think about this dude and his awesome drumming skills? which style do u perfer musical drumming or other?

drummert2k

i love travis. none of the bands he's ever in are bands that play the kind of music im into. but i still see him as a super creative drumming power house.

i know a lot of people hear his name and think, over rated and/or pop punk.

im not a fan of the pop punk thing, so luckily he doesnt play your typical pop punk parts.

and his bands are over rated but as a drummer i think he gets the credit he deserves.

but i have a feeling this will turn into a "i hate travis thread and stuff like that" its happened on other threads.

so how about we say, if you like T-Barker then post away.

if you dont like him dont waste your time saying he sucks because the people on here like him and you wont change any minds.

transplants006

word to that.travis is good i like the bands he is in all but plus 44 i think he could of done better with his beats.and the stuff he did with dj am was just plain amazing.

Jay Brearley

I think hes awesome. FULL STOP! Theres been loads of threads on this where people diss him but at the end of the day, he has got further in his career than most of them will and i seriously doubt that they would beat him in a drum off! Hes one of those guys that can play most styles of music well, from Corps to punk to hip hop to jazz, and i love his grooves, they make me wanna nod my head in respect. To everyone out there, stop with the hating Travis thing!

Alcyon

Good drummer, works well with the bands he's in, and I must shamefully admit that I like his OCDP kits a lot :)P), only thing I don't like is his weird lanky playing and attitude, but that's just him.

Jay Brearley

Alcyon":2ruet6iv said:
Good drummer, works well with the bands he's in, and I must shamefully admit that I like his OCDP kits a lot :)P), only thing I don't like is his weird lanky playing and attitude, but that's just him.
Yea bro, he has good taste in kits! What do you mean by hisweird lanky playing and attitude?

Alcyon

I don't want to flame him or anything, but like, take a look at his playing in a music video, he molars so much or something, I don't know, it's weird :p.

Attitude, I don't know, he's one of those guys that I hugely respect as a drummer but I don't know if I'd be buddies with.

Dee

Travis Barker does my head in. Please guys... I don't want any hassle from saying this, it's just my personal opinion.

Jay Brearley

Alcyon":3oofjnke said:
I don't want to flame him or anything, but like, take a look at his playing in a music video, he molars so much or something, I don't know, it's weird :p.

Attitude, I don't know, he's one of those guys that I hugely respect as a drummer but I don't know if I'd be buddies with.
I think he looks like hes enjoying himself, as if he wants to dance but has to play at the same time. Its what i call getting your groove on! :lol: As for attitude, yea i see your point but there are worse artists out there!

drummert2k

Alcyon":1bayjf6p said:

he's just a really really really hard hitter. he definately puts 110% into it everytime he plays.

although i've seen videos of him playing in small places where he needs to lay back a bit or a song that doesnt call for balls to the wall swinging arms and he pulls it off. he hits really hard but know to lay back when needed.

drummert2k

Dee":lnc893rp said:
Travis Barker does my head in. Please guys... I don't want any hassle from saying this, it's just my personal opinion.
you wont get any hassle from something like that. he's just not your thing. thats cool. atleast you didnt come on here and throw out how he sucks or anything. so big kudos to you on that!

plus, even though you dont like him, im sure you can admit that he's a talented drummer. just not your style.

transplants006

yepp we call that grooving.and he does it well.that dude is a true drummer at heart.the guy broke his foot and still played then he broke his hand and yet he still played that is what i call PASSION.he reminds me of rick allen what a heart man what a heart.

B-RAD52

yes, travis barker is a great drummer, i wouldnt mind being as good as him someday. his beats are tight, his groove is always in the pocket...he just needs to stay away from soloing...

SmellsLikeIan

Jay Brearley":13lswyqg said:
I think hes awesome. FULL STOP! Theres been loads of threads on this where people diss him but at the end of the day, he has got further in his career than most of them will and i seriously doubt that they would beat him in a drum off! Hes one of those guys that can play most styles of music well, from Corps to punk to hip hop to jazz, and i love his grooves, they make me wanna nod my head in respect. To everyone out there, stop with the hating Travis thing!

Jazz? I'd like to hear that, I wasn't aware that Travis Barker plays jazz.....Can you please give me some examples of his jazz recordings?

drummert2k

SmellsLikeIan":2mcc8xeb said:
Jay Brearley":2mcc8xeb said:

Jazz? I'd like to hear that, I wasn't aware that Travis Barker plays jazz.....Can you please give me some examples of his jazz recordings?
if you read any of his bios he has been taught in a jazz setting. but he doesnt have straight up blink songs with a straight up jazz type drum part. that would just sound stupid.

you really thought you were gonna hear him hitting horn pops and holding out a fermata until one of the other band members cues him to come in?

we're talking about what he can play. not what he plays on every disc he puts ot.

Deanoatc

I think Travis barker is an amazing drummer. He loves what he does and it shows. He is successful because he worked his ass off for it. He has my respect.