Travis Barker Haters

chachaman02

What's the deal with all these corn balls that hate travis barker for no reason. i've asked some of the drummers I know and there only reasponse was "He's wack." That's definantly not true at all. I bet only, like 1/8 of the people in this whole forum can play one of his beast pefectly. anyway what's the deal, why do people hate him so much? If u like him like i do, just say why u think people hate him.

drummert2k

Im a huge Travis fan. although i will say, his parts are technicaly hard to play. it just impresses me that he writes like that. not bragging but i took the time to learn and be able to play clean, note for note litteraly every blink song released. now again, thats not bragging. honestly, the parts arent that hard. i did it because i love his writting style and although i can play all his parts, i know that i cant write the parts like him.

his writting and over all stage performance is what impresses me.

really awesome to have something like this for people who really love him........... until this turns into a "he sucks, joey jordison is my god" thread.

seandude

omg hes good get over i not eveone likes him i do im just mad cause eveones like I HATE JOE I HATE TRAVIS im like shut up u dont like metel then u wont like jpey jesus who the hell CARES!!

phoenix7289

seandude":1r4zvqzi said:
omg hes good get over i not eveone likes him i do im just mad cause eveones like I HATE JOE I HATE TRAVIS im like shut up u dont like metel then u wont like jpey jesus who the hell CARES!!
huhhhh?

Howepirate

phoenix7289":tlj9sjeu said:
Howepirate":tlj9sjeu said:
phoenix7289":tlj9sjeu said:
ok... Tell me why people never talk about Nicko McBrain???
the dudes old...travis is somewhat in this century
old?! Only 52!!!! :O
But still.... Nicko has done so much for rock and metal >.>

Theres dudes out there revolutionizing those genres everyday. Look at the current legends such as Derek Roddy, George Kollias, john longstreth. These dudes have broken more ground than Nicko has. All ive seen Nicko do is a great commentary on Paiste (whilst being very drunk and showing you all their manufacturing processes)

TheYardstick

Old drummers? What do you have against old drummers? Neil Peart is easily 50+, and he can still play pretty well. And, I'm pretty sure Zen Drummer is good too. My drum teacher, who is mid-50s, is also a great drummer.

phoenix7289

TheYardstick":2jgpyeub said:
Old drummers? What do you have against old drummers? Neil Peart is easily 50+, and he can still play pretty well. And, I'm pretty sure Zen Drummer is good too. My drum teacher, who is mid-50s, is also a great drummer.
Right on man! And Nicko was not drunk that I noticed.... and he has done things no other drummers have been able to do quite as well... such as single foot work going insanely fast.... he is one of the few metal drummers left who stayed at the level of one bass drum and a single kick pedal. :) Except for Face in the Sand of course.

mortem

seandude":j22zds5v said:
dude, what the hell, seriously... I mean, I understood what you tried to say and all, but pleeease watch your grammar a bit. :cry:

phoenix7289

mortem":2ldkt8nb said:
seandude":2ldkt8nb said:
dude, what the hell, seriously... I mean, I understood what you tried to say and all, but pleeease watch your grammar a bit. :cry:
Yah that is a tad bit painful to read.... :lol:

drumkid523

phoenix7289":1de0hujp said:
mortem":1de0hujp said:
seandude":1de0hujp said:
Yah that is a tad bit painful to read.... :lol:
lol :D .

kazzman

Howepirate":1cbec8w4 said:
phoenix7289":1cbec8w4 said:
Howepirate":1cbec8w4 said:
phoenix7289":1cbec8w4 said:
ok... Tell me why people never talk about Nicko McBrain???
the dudes old...travis is somewhat in this century
old?! Only 52!!!! :O
But still.... Nicko has done so much for rock and metal >.>

Theres dudes out there revolutionizing those genres everyday. Look at the current legends such as Derek Roddy, George Kollias, john longstreth. These dudes have broken more ground than Nicko has. All ive seen Nicko do is a great commentary on Paiste (whilst being very drunk and showing you all their manufacturing processes)
Check out the Iron Maiden album Brave New World if you haven't already. Nicko does a lot of straight 16th note licks on the album and with one foot, wheras, many drummers would with two.

SwingDrmmr

travis is a great drummer but hes not really doing that many innovative things for drumming. As far as innovative goes check out thomas lang techinical master mind and a showman.

brutalsouth

i have never seen Travis barker boast about his skill, although mediocre yet fun and enjoyable. he doesn't boast, so why hate on him, the people you need to aim your hate at, are the ones who think he is the best drummer in the world, the Kids who wear nothing but famous stars and straps and consider him a God, blame the uneducated musicians, NOT the man himself, he could care less if we hate, so why bother, the mans loaded and its from playing nice clean funky jams. props barker. shame on you obsessed fans.

robfc

chachaman02":2852zwpy said:
What's the deal with all these corn balls that hate travis barker for no reason. i've asked some of the drummers I know and there only reasponse was "He's wack." That's definantly not true at all. I bet only, like 1/8 of the people in this whole forum can play one of his beast pefectly. anyway what's the deal, why do people hate him so much? If u like him like i do, just say why u think people hate him.

I'm not into the sort of music Travis Barker plays if im honest, but that still doesn't stop me from thinking he's fucking amazing, cause he is. I'd love to be able to play like him.

Any drummer who doesn't think he's good, or doesn't respect him / what he's done / what he can do, isn't worthy of being called a drummer.