Trak drums?

blackreign

Ok, so I looked around on the internet for some info on my drumkit, as I was interested in finding out what hardware it used and such...

What I thought was a cheapie junkpile kit (which apearntly it is still, but after a few upgrades it sounds nice) was a very rare find... now I really can't find any info on the company that made it I found a homepage, but it doesn't work, and the company is apearntly "out of business" possibly because the kit is trash...

but...
I still want to find out about it, to see if I do indeed have a rare gem that I should hold onto even if I buy a new kit in the future... when I can afford it.

Im not sure what series of the kit I have, it doesn't say on the kit anywhere, the company that made it is "hrk drum institute" and I searched that, which came with with little info...

from what I gathered the kits are from 1985-1989 and were poor hardware (mainly the snare... and heads that came with it) but after replacing that it actually sounds pretty good...

Obviously its no "amazing sounding kit" but its decent enough for someone who has little money to throw around...

Anyways, I bought the kit at music centre canada, which is odd for a music store chain that big to be selling a rare kit... they told me it was a practice kit they used for years for their students... and it was in great condition for only 300 bucks, it came with a bunch of cymbols, so I bought it for the sake of not having much money...

now 3 years later Im wondering what to do about the thing, if it is rare, then Im going to hold on to it... if not well, mabye ill keep it just for practicing on it...

My main question is, does anyone have any information on the drum compay hrk drum institute, or Trak drum kits in general... I can't seem to find anything on google, or yahoo...