TOTEM (melodic metal)

TOTEMdrum

Hey all, I haven't been a member of this forum for very long, but really like a lot of the advice people having been exchanging.

My band TOTEM recently recorded our EP "Strength of Will" and I wanted some feedback on the music and the drums. Our band influences range from Deep Purple and UFO to Savatage and In Flames. My personal influences are Cozy Powell (MSG, Rainbow), Daniel Svennson(In Flames), and Steve Wacholz (Savatage).

I recorded the CD using a 5 piece Pearl Export Series with Evan's heads and an Aquarian superkick head. The cymbals were a hodge podge of Zyldians and Sabians. I was going for a metal sound, but with a rock feel (if that makes sense.. :?: ) I'd really like to hear what everyone thinks about it so let me know!!

http://www.myspace.com/totemrocks

Thanks!!

mitchar19

It's cool man, nice to see you guys took a different aproach to metal, too many bands sound the same these days. The drumming sounded solid, my only critism would be that song seemed a little too long, I think it might be stronger if you guys could shorten it a little bit, other than that good job and keep doing what your doing and you guys will find your audience, which might take a little longer because you guys are differen't. (which is a good thing)

TOTEMdrum

Thanks!! I'm always very critical of my drumming because I am much better now than I was when we recorded the songs. It's always tough to reel in our guitarist to make songs short, but long songs are always fun to play live.

We have our new EP "Strength of Will" available now if anyone is interested. It's on Amazon MP3 right now and soon on Itunes. These new tracks have our new keyboardists parts on them, and have been remixed and remastered!! Take a listen to them and let me know what you think, I've been drumming for 2 years now and am really looking to improve more and more so criticism is welcome.

www.myspace.com/totemrocks