Totally Stoked!!

rufus4dagruv

A few months ago, TimeKeep69 posted a thread about looking for endorsers. I had replied and expressed interest and we chatted briefly about the terms and what not. At the time, I had just gone into the studio to lay tracks for my bands new album and the wife and I were getting ready to move; I didn't have much time to actually design a new kit.

Well, the move was successful and the drums are scheduled to wrap up in the studio tomorrow. I contacted TimeKeep69 (Medicine Man Drums, AZ) to get the ball rolling. First of all, P.J.'s communication is great. He's very easy to talk too and is confident in his craft without being the least bit egotistical. After our initial phone conversation to make sure everything was still a go, I set out working on all the details of my kit.

I have decided to go with 3 pieces for now; an 18x20 kick, a 7x12 tom and a 13x15 tom. All the hardware will be brass and they will be covered in a Green Glass Glitter wrap. The toms will have 2.3 mm hoops and the kick will have 1.56" natural gloss lacquer hoops with die cast claws. I can post some more specs if anyone's interested in the little details.

This is my first endorsement opportunity and so far, everything has been going great. I can't wait to see the final product and post some pics for everyone, but I had to say something now. I'll definitely keep you posted as we move forward. If anyone is considering looking to a custom drum builder, from a service standpoint, Medicine Man Drums, AZ will not let you down. Big Up to P.J!

SGarrett

Way cool. Is the hardware going to be brass colored or just made from brass? I don't know if TimeKeep does anything different, but brass is a bitch to keep clean and tarnish free. Good for a furniture kit but not so good for a gigging kit. I've even seen Chris Lombardi (CEO DW) talk people out of getting DW's brass hardware using the same reasoning.

rufus4dagruv

Right, it's brass/gold colored hardware. I should have specified.

Now, I just have to keep my fingers crossed that the wife gets me a black beauty for Christmas to tide me over until the kit gets here...haha!

WOO HOO!

Yeah, I'm till stoked!

Brother_Bong

rufus4dagruv":3je00oaq said:

Now, I just have to keep my fingers crossed that the wife gets me a black beauty for Christmas to tide me over until the kit gets here...haha!

WOO HOO!

Yeah, I'm till stoked!
Alright, another one with a supportive wife! Make sure to thank her for it! :wink:

rufus4dagruv

Bong":203ey07r said:
rufus4dagruv":203ey07r said:

WOO HOO!

Yeah, I'm till stoked!
Alright, another one with a supportive wife! Make sure to thank her for it! :wink:
Oh, I do all the time :D . She's fantastic like that.

Brother_Bong

rufus4dagruv":1n98jcgk said:
Bong":1n98jcgk said:
rufus4dagruv":1n98jcgk said:

WOO HOO!

Yeah, I'm till stoked!
Oh, I do all the time :D . She's fantastic like that.
CHEERS BRO!

stump

Sounds great all around. Make sure to post pics when you get you kit. If it looks as good as some of PJ's other work you are a lucky man. P.O.Y!

mortem

Binkx":18tpdlme said:
I just got one of PJ's drums a few weeks ago.

uh oh, I just messed up my pants.. have you recorded anything with it??

and yeah, man...grrreat great stuff, PJ!!!

Timekeep69

Anything related to Medicine Man is allowed. :D

Thanks guys for the compliments, wait until you see rufus' drum kit, it's gonna look SA-Weet!!

Brother_Bong

Timekeep69":cwnffbcd said:

Thanks guys for the compliments, wait until you see rufus' drum kit, it's gonna look SA-Weet!!
Hey, we can start on mine right away, as long as you don't mind me paying you a few years from next tuesday........................waddayasay? :D

Timekeep69

Bong":2q759bbt said:
Timekeep69":2q759bbt said:

Hey, we can start on mine right away, as long as you don't mind me paying you a few years from next tuesday........................waddayasay? :D
I'll tell you what, you get started on it and when you pay me in a few years, I'll build it. :D:D:D:D

Brother_Bong

Timekeep69":2j4fn1yp said:
Bong":2j4fn1yp said:
Timekeep69":2j4fn1yp said:

I'll tell you what, you get started on it and when you pay me in a few years, I'll build it. :D:D:D:D
Oh, I already know what I want. Let me get shat in order as far as liquidating, then I will know my budget.
But, I would like to help endorse Saludas, please let me know how i can. I agree with the mix and match theory, and I am part owner in a small drum company.
Serious, PM me, lets talk. No one up here has ever heard of them, I want to buy/consign/ borrow one to show. Lemme know!