top drummers and ur lest favs

seandude

6 top
chad smith (red hot chili peppers)
the rev(avenged seven fold)
travis barker (blink 182 +44 transplants many more)
john bonham (led lepplen)
mike ponory(dream thetor)
tre cool (greenday)

larz ultrich (mettalica
whoevers in the click 5
the kid who made jazz band and took my spot (grrrr)

TheYardstick

I don't have a least favorite, but I do have favorites.

Morgan Rose-Sevendust
Neil Peart-Rush
Teri Bozzio
Taylor Hawkins-Foo Fighters
Dave Grohl-Foo Fighters, Queens Of The Stone Age
Danny Carey-Tool

casketborn1

I dont really have a least fav- I dislike alot of drummers styles, but any drummer doing something positive, and playing is a good drummer. :D
My top 10 fav:
-Dave Lomardo(Slayer, Testament, etc..)
-George Kollias(Nile)
-Flo Mounier(Cryptopsy)
-John Tempesta(White Zombie, etc..)
-Richard Christy(Death,Burning Inside)
-Nick Barker(Cradle of Filth,etc..)
-Paul M.( Cannibal Corpse)
-Pete Sandoval(Morbid Angel, Terrorizer)
-Mike Fitz(Gutteral Secrete)
-Chris Adler(Lamb of God)

* Sorry have alot of influences.To me these are the best, fastest,accurate,and most acomplished drummers in Metal music- CHECK THEIR VIDEOS ON YOU TUBE youll be inspired. :twisted:

Gaddabout

For this incarnation of "your favorite" thread, I've whittled down a list from drummerworld.com to people I can affirm have each inspired me in very big ways over the past 30 years. I would consider each of these drummers my teacher!

Alex Acuña • Airto • Don Alias • Kenny Aronoff • Jeff Ballard • Joey Baron • John Blackwell • Brian Blade • Hal Blaine • Art Blakey • John Bonham • Terry Bozzio • Tom Brechtlein • Matt Cameron • Keith Carlock • Terri Lyne Carrington • Lenny Castro • Deen Castronovo • Matt Chamberlain • Dennis Chambers • Mike Clark • Bill Cobham • Vinnie Colaiuta • Stewart Copeland • Jack DeJohnette • Kenwood Dennard • Sheila E. • Peter Erskine • Josh Freese • Steve Gadd • David Garibaldi • Danny Gottlieb • Omar Hakim • Horacio Hernandez • Steve Houghton • Ralph Humphrey • Gary Husband • Elvin Jones • Hilary Jones • Philly Joe Jones • Papa Jo Jones • Jack DeJohnette • Steve Jordan • Manu Katché • Jim Keltner • Russ Kunkel • Abe Laboriel jr. • Rick Latham • Paul Leim • Mel Lewis • Larrie Londin • Pete Magadini • Jerry Marotta • Rick Marotta • Billy Martin • Harvey Mason • Russ McKinnon • Joseph Ziggy Modeliste • Stanton Moore • Idris Muhammad • Lewis Nash • Andy Newmark • Gary Novak • Adam Nussbaum • Nigel Olsson • Ben Perowsky • Kim Plainfield • Joe Porcaro • Jeff Porcaro • Bernard Purdie • Buddy Rich • Max Roach • John "J.R." Robinson • Danny Seraphine • Chuck Silverman • Marvin "Smitty" Smith • Steve Smith • Ed Soph • John "Jabo" Starks • Bill Stewart • Clyde Stubblefield • Todd Sucherman • Grady Tate • Ed Thigpen • Ahmir ?uestlove Thompson • Chester Thompson • Carlos Vega • Johnny Vidacovich • Billy Ward • Jeff "Tain" Watts • Dave Weckl • Paul Wertico • Lenny White • Tony Williams • Adrian Young • Zoro

drummert2k

Andrew Fisenden

Big Thomas McCree

Benny Greb

Johnny Rabb

Jeff Queen

Travis Barker (i know i know, but he was a huge influence on me)

Murray Gusseck

Rodney Holmes

Jojo Mayer

Steve Moore (drummer for Rick K and the All Nighters. an old time rock and roll cover band. if you can find anything from them check it out. best showman drummer ever!)

J.B. Swope (local drummer here in a band in my town. the guy has a great feel and i've never ever heard him tick while playing!)

Dave Weckl

i dont have any drummers i really dont like. well, lars ulrich and joey jordison. lars is solid but i dont like how arrogant and stuck up he is and i respect slipknot for what they do but cant stand their music. so its not as much i dislike joey, but just over all dislike slipknot.

seandude

yeah i dont likejoey ather cause of the weird face masks lol

and i like alot more but they slipped my mind

TheYardstick

I also forgot, my drum teacher, it's really fun when we play a duet during one of my lessons and are in perfect time. He has such diverse tastes, three different sets, a jazz set, rock set, and a bellydance set.

I still have yet to see them but he has explained them to me.

drummerboi819

Lars Ulrich (Metallica)

Danny Carey (Tool)

Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater, Liquid Tension Experiment)

Tre Cool (Green Day)

Tim Alexander (Primus)

screamkevin

I'm not going to list drummers that I dislike, since I have to begrudgingly acknowedge their success. I'll just list some of my current favorites (again, since we seem to do this topic over and over):

Cindy Blackman (Lenny Kravitz)
Neil Peart (Rush)
Pete Sandoval
Thomas Lang
Lenny Kravitz (Yeah, he's actually a great drummer)
Hilary Jones (Tribal Tech)
Dom Famularo (Got to go to one of his clinics....WOW!!)
David Garibaldi (Tower Of Power)
Dave DiCenso
Mark Zonder (He's got a new band!!!)
Daniel Erlandsson (Arch Enemy)
Mercedes Lander (Kittie)
Poogie Bell (esp. stuff with Marcus Miller)
Gene Lake (esp. his stuff with Screaming Headless Torsos)
Shannon Larkin (Godsmack)
Kirk Covington (Tribal Tech era)
Matt McDonough (Mudvayne)
Shakerleg (This guy is awesome.)

Just some of my current faves.

ccrdrums

aaron gillespie

dave grohl

neil peart

sheila E. =]

ray buchanon

joey jordison

---wow im kinda all over the place with my music---

Lee337

Neil Peart

Dave Lombardo

Richard Christy

Niko McBrain

Randy Black

Jurgen "Ventor" Reil

Vinnie Paul

freddy5g

a lot of drummers seem to mention mike portnoy. I think he is an insanesly talented drummer, but to be honest, I think he makes some of the worst music ever. Dream Theater...Liquid Tension Experiment? Harsh and not to mention Cheesey as hell.

Therefore, I would never list him as one of my favorites although he could probably out "play" me, whatever that means...

Bonham, ken schalk, the dude from dillinger escape plan, stewart copeland, the dude from hella, ahmir thompson, tony williams, tim alexander, chris from the jade shader, any one who is more concerned about playing with heart and soul above showing off. (notice I love technical drummers, i don't seperate heart from technicality).

Manny

Screamkevin:

You hit the mark with naming Poogie. He's certainly one of my favorites. That dude has a rediculous amount of music knowledge. Thankfully, I get to soak up some of that knowledge and play with his band every now and again. Oh....guess I should give the rest of the list.

Dave Weckl
Danny Carey
Dennis Chambers
Joe Morello
etc.

found_drummer

People need to stop discussing Drummers that suck, because it mostly stems from jealously that a drummer they don't like is making money playing drums. SO get over it!

with that said, my top ten (in no particular order) is:

Jimmy Degrasso (Megadeth, Alice Cooper, David Lee Roth)
Tommy Aldridge (Ozzy Osbourne, Whitesnake, Pat Travers)
Jason Bittner (Shadows Fall)
Travis Smith (Trivium)
Geoff Gilbert (Kutless)
Phil Collins (Genesis)
Shannon Larkin (Godsmack)
Lester Estelle Jr. (Pillar)
Lars Ulrich (Metallica)
Marco Pitruzella (Numa, BrainDrill)

Mikkey

The all-time favorite in my book that can't be topped for me:
Tony Williams.

More favorites:
Dave Lombardo
Felix Griffin
Bill Ward
Jurgen "Ventor" of Kreator
Pete Sandoval
"Doc"
Eric Brecht
John Allen
Carmen Appice
John Bonham
Phil Rudd
Mike Sus
Mikkey Dee
"The later" Gene Hoglan

Non-favorites:
Every drummer that those magazines feature in every issue that feature the be-all-end-all of products. Christ, they circulate the same names over and over again. Maybe once every six months a couple new names for their way in. (I realize the irony of saying this after MD had half the magazine about Appice; don't bother pointing that one out.)

Bowmanator

favorites:
Vinnie Colaiuta
Steve Jordan
Stanton Moore
John Blackwell
Benny Greb
Thomas Lang
Billy Ward
Dave Abruzesse
Matt Cameron
Manu Katche
Carter Beauford
Derico Watson
Chad Smith
Steve Gadd
Peter Erskine
John Bonham
Travis Barker (not necessarily the bands music but his drumming)
Chad Sexotn

least:
The Rev
mike marsh
Steven Perkins
Todd Suchermann
The dude that plays with Steve Vai

Noodels9

Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater)
Gene Hoglan (Strapping Young Lad)
Chris Adler (Lamb Of God)
Dave Lombardo (Slayer)