tools for axis pedals

iatemygoat

im looking at a pedal on ebay and it says it "does not come with tools" does axis use special tools other than am allen wrench or a drum key?

Empyrean Drums

iatemygoat":olbjn7ec said:
im looking at a pedal on ebay and it says it "does not come with tools" does axis use special tools other than am allen wrench or a drum key?
Nope, just get one of those folding hex key sets

xdoseonex

the one you were looking at was the a, which has ajustment for how much the footboard arcs before the beater hits the drum head. those are thumbscrews, but the thumb screw things tend to come off leaving behind a screw that you need a larger sized allen key to turn. the ajustments are mostly a small hex key. be careful because axis pedals are aluminum so theyr soft, which means they will strip easier. so dont over tighten anything. reall y all you need is a hex key set with the right sized and a drum key. i reccomend the sonic hammer beaters if your gonna use that pedal. theres something asbout the way the 2 work together that feels really nice.
good luck with the grindstix thing. i'm trying to get endorsed my them myself

iatemygoat

xdoseonex":opvyovvg said:
the one you were looking at was the a, which has ajustment for how much the footboard arcs before the beater hits the drum head. those are thumbscrews, but the thumb screw things tend to come off leaving behind a screw that you need a larger sized allen key to turn. the ajustments are mostly a small hex key. be careful because axis pedals are aluminum so theyr soft, which means they will strip easier. so dont over tighten anything. reall y all you need is a hex key set with the right sized and a drum key. i reccomend the sonic hammer beaters if your gonna use that pedal. theres something asbout the way the 2 work together that feels really nice.
good luck with the grindstix thing. i'm trying to get endorsed my them myself
thanks man. the grindstix were a no go.