TOMS!!!

dbkman

I play a 6 piece yahama stage custom advantage kit. And I LOVE my toms. they project beautifuly. I use remo coated heads and clear on the bottom. but the resonant heads are actually batter. if the heads are thicker you get a warmer sound out of them. And i tune them pretty high, i like lots of note outa my drums. how do you guys tune up and what heads do you like to use? and what are you're favorite sizes. ( i like smaller toms, 10s are my favorite )

michiganice91

I use remo emporor coated heads, and I tune em low and punchy, but still like em to keep their resonance. Also I like the bigger sizes. Id take a bonham style setup (26 in kick, 13 inch rack, and a 16 and an 18 inch floor tom) over fusion setup any day.

SGarrett

I like fusion style kits and use Aquarian Coated Response 2 batter heads and clear Hi-Frequency resonant heads. I tune (roughly) to the flats in Eb Major with the resonant heads two steps higher than the batter heads...think of the "Oooh-Eee-Oooh" from Wizard of Oz or Metallica's Frayed Ends of Sanity.

Hack_and_Slash

SGarrett":gyp8ni8a said:
I like fusion style kits and use Aquarian Coated Response 2 batter heads and clear Hi-Frequency resonant heads. I tune (roughly) to the flats in Eb Major with the resonant heads two steps higher than the batter heads...think of the "Oooh-Eee-Oooh" from Wizard of Oz or Metallica's Frayed Ends of Sanity.
Is that what Chris Adler uses? His toms are the exact sound I want.

Rob Crisp

I have fusion sizes, 4 toms from 12 through to 16 floor. Using G2 clear on top and G1 clear resonant. I have Birch Bubinga shells though so they're quite punchy as well as very loud :)