Timbales, anyone use them?

Northdrums

I just bought a set of timbales, and was wondering where would be the most convenient placement for them. I know it's a personal decision, just like to know where you use them in your setup.

Northdrums

Yeah, I had them to the left of my hats, but I may try above them...still experimenting! Thanks for the input!

Potatoe Snack

i have one 10'' timbale that i have to the left of the hi hat. im using it less and less as time goes by though. i used to have it up next to the high tom and used it as tom if i was ever going to do a long fill or something but the sound difference between the timbale and the toms is just too much and realized it was a bad idea and it was wasting my space up there. so i put it to the side and use it very rarely.

drummert2k

i used to have a set of mini timbales and i had the 6 inch to the left of my high hat and the 8 inch to the left of my high tom. they can add really neat effects to a standard fill

Northdrums

Thanks again! I really should have thought about it before I purchased them. Mine are 14" and 15" Pearls. And yeah they are much louder than any of my other drums. That said, I still love the sound of them. In retrospect, I should have went with smaller sizes, but I'll figure something out. Thanks...