Thomas Lang

Qbs

I've seen his DVD "Creative control" and I am still amazed by what he shows in it. Whatismore I've downloaded a .pdf with transcriptions of the exercises shown in the DVD and the funny things that I can't even play the first one like Thomas (in 100bpm) :)

His new DVD CREATIVE COORDINATION will blow minds! My god. What an monstrous volume of drum materials. Will take me 20 years to even master half of it!

m

It's out now, I watched it yesterday. It's very heavy on 'Multi-pedal Orchestrations"
i love that Xray kit; I want one!

undersiege

my drum teacher has used the Thomas Lang Creative Control DVD for his students. At first you might think that it would dissuade the beginner, but it got me even more excited about working on my drumming.

Qbs

I don't have anything against multi-pedal orchestrations except for the fact that my only pedals are my hi-hat and my twin kick drum :)

m

Qbs":3b0p5v4a said:
I don't have anything against multi-pedal orchestrations except for the fact that my only pedals are my hi-hat and my twin kick drum :)
in the DVD he says it's OK if you don't have as many pedals as him, you can still learn the technique with only 7 or 8 pedals.

then he laughs
most can be adapted to fewer.

Justino

ohh man I started watchin him when his first dvd came out creative control and from the get go I was like... wow! His new dvd looks soo tight and about the MPO's, screw it. if you can get his hand technique, you'll be a monster drummer.
justino

WhiteOleander

ah man i was going to go to some drum 'clinic' he had in Denmark (where I live).. i was completely hyped about watching him play and actually getting to talk to him, but turns out, he was playing on the island furthest away from where I live, and it was a weekday so i couldnt go due to school and all =(

peripsy

m":3ful4cg7 said:
Qbs":3ful4cg7 said:
in the DVD he says it's OK if you don't have as many pedals as him, you can still learn the technique with only 7 or 8 pedals.

then he laughs
most can be adapted to fewer.
he plays with 4 pedals usually but you can do the same with two...hi-hat and bass drum just try.

xdoseonex

i saw him semi-recently at a lng island drum center clinic. he was playing with about 7 pedals. a third of the clinic was him whoring roland products. a third was him playing along to some extremely cheesy music ( i dont remember what band it was) that was very cold. and a third was him just playing drums which was the best drumming i'v ever seen in person hands down. then he answered some questions. all in all not a great clinic. but holy shit he is without a doubt one of the best drummers in the world

Atmerrill

Not impressed....he can stop now. When you have to create music to fit your drum solos, you know you've gone too far. I'd be more impressed if he would learn how to keep time and play in a band. That's where your "technique" is really tested: "Can you be creative in a musical context with others?"