This is another bad thread

theres is no best drummer

now a poll on whether who likes Thomas Lang and who doesnt would be better

drummert2k

vargasdrumbeast":290t66ja said:
This is another bad thread

theres is no best drummer

now a poll on whether who likes Thomas Lang and who doesnt would be better
i agree. he's amazing but if you're going by something like rudimental hand work for instance, Jeff Queen will blow him out of the water. No single drummer will ever be the best at everything in the world of percussion

drummert2k

vargasdrumbeast":2bmpiabd said:
Damn I forgot about Jeff Queen

He was in "Blast!" wasnt he?

That was a great show, great drummer too
yupper, he was in blast. Blast is the shizznit!!!!!!! i wanna watch it now!

wak

i could not say, i have never heard him play (either solo, or as part of a band)

what has he done, i will try and find some of his work to place judgement ;)

and aside form that, i have not heard anywhere near all of the drummers out there, so there will probably be better out there

but as others have said, nobody can be the best at every technique, some actually detract from your skills elsewhere (feckin blast beats)

all i know is, the best drummers are ALL jazz drummers, even the best for metal are from jazz backgrounds

zen_drummer

Bigredfndz":1o0664yi said:
Personal Opinion?
Jo Jones could really freakin groove...

wak":1o0664yi said:
i could not say, i have never heard him play (either solo, or as part of a band)
You've heard him on the radio, he's played on over 250 albums... the only thing is, his session playing is so "ordinary" and lackluster you never thought to say "DAYUM, that's some good drumming!" Because frankly, it wasn't.

Anyway, everybody knows how I feel about Thomas Lang as a player, I'm not going there again...

I'm kind of getting tired of the "best drummer" threads, is anybody else with me on that?

drummert2k

zen_drummer":1hdf0owj said:
I'm kind of getting tired of the "best drummer" threads, is anybody else with me on that?
Same here. maybe rephrase it to "your favorite drummer" or "drummer you think is the best" but no more ".... is the best drummer ever" threads

m

the first thing I see when I walk into NAMM is this giant V-drum kit on a riser in Roland-world. I recognized the kit from his DVDs, so figured I'd stick around and see what happens-

got a front row seat of Thomas' 'V-drum' clinic, essentially; where he puts his expanded V-kit through its paces.

I'll say this for him;
he's a consummate athlete. His endurance and strength are top-notch. I don't really listen to the contemporary permutations of what metal has become, so I don't know much about 'extreme drumming,' but Lang is about as extreme as I've seen.

I'd personally like to see more rhythmic content in his performances, but I guess those clinic/tradeshow/festival solos are really about pushing the limits and showboating. That's what they're for, so I don't fault him for that.

Was really cool to see him do his thing in person.
Looks like they set up some really big video equipment the next couple of days, so there might be some footage coming from his NAMM appearances.

screamkevin

Warning: I'm going off here. Read at your own risk.

I don't think many people saw me post this, so I'm pasting it from the suggestions thread in "Off Topic":

"And for the rules, please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, put it in the rules and outlaw the asking of "What's the best...(insert product here)". I'm really sick and tired of seeing that question seemingly on every damn drum and cymbal thread here. It's lame, overused, and completely irrelavant. It's a n0ob question, and while I don't mind helping people who are new to drumming, this is getting out of freaking hand. "

Last time I'm saying it: THERE IS NO BEST. IT'S ALL YOUR OPINION. So quit being a f*cking dumb-ass and don't ask the damned question anymore!!! Jesus Christ on a Skateboard.

vargasdrumbeast

screamkevin":rpiuc8c5 said:
Warning: I'm going off here. Read at your own risk.

I don't think many people saw me post this, so I'm pasting it from the suggestions thread in "Off Topic":

"And for the rules, please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, put it in the rules and outlaw the asking of "What's the best...(insert product here)". I'm really sick and tired of seeing that question seemingly on every damn drum and cymbal thread here. It's lame, overused, and completely irrelavant. It's a n0ob question, and while I don't mind helping people who are new to drumming, this is getting out of freaking hand. "

Last time I'm saying it: THERE IS NO BEST. IT'S ALL YOUR OPINION. So quit being a f*cking dumb-ass and don't ask the damned question anymore!!! Jesus Christ on a Skateboard.

AMEN!! :D

m

guys, these kinds of threads are never going to go away-
best to grin and bear it- let it slide.
There's no way you can stop them.

loop

I don't like that kind of threads, too. But honestly I don't think there is any point in deleting or forbidding them. Just try to avoid them :) If this problem grows big I'll talk to the site administrator and other moderators and we will solve it somehow.

Dale

The best drummer? Wow, okay. Let's open this silly idea up a bit. First of all, how many kinds of drums are there. Let's have a teeny weeny little look, shall we.
I'll begin alphabetically, but will give that up soon due to the large number of drums out there. And please understand, I am listing only a small sample.

Atabaque.
Ashiko.
Aburukuwa.
Agidigbo. (melodic percussion instrument)
Bata.
Bass drum.
Bendir.
Bongo.
Boku.
Bodhran.
Buffalo drums.
Boucarabou.
Caixa.
Conga.
Cuica.
Cajon.
Clay pot drums.
Djembe.
Dholac.
Dun Dun.
Dumbek.
Darbuka.
Dar.
Drum kit, USA.
Dawul.
Dhol.
Ghatam.
Gudugudu.
Sabar.
Steel drums.
Tambourine.
Tamborim.
Tantan.
Tabla.
Tasha.
Timpani.
Timbau.
Timbale.
Tongue drum.
Riq.
Rebolo.
Repinique.
Repique De Mao.
Sakara.
Surdo.
Taiko.
Udkka.
Log drum.
Muzhar.
Malacacheta.
Ntama.
Ngoma.
Omele.
Orchestral snare drum.
Hudak.
Pandeiro.
Matka.
Madahl.
Tabor.
Zarb.
Zabumba.

loop

Dale":3pqq5qwh said:
The best drummer? Wow, okay. Let's open this silly idea up a bit. First of all, how many kinds of drums are there. Let's have a teeny weeny little look, shall we.
I'll begin alphabetically, but will give that up soon due to the large number of drums out there. And please understand, I am listing only a small sample.

Atabaque.
Ashiko.
Aburukuwa.
Agidigbo. (melodic percussion instrument)
Bata.
Bass drum.
Bendir.
Bongo.
Boku.
Bodhran.
Buffalo drums.
Boucarabou.
Caixa.
Conga.
Cuica.
Cajon.