This Taye double kick pedal any good?

silencetheshadows

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/ ... XSEM=0#new

I am looking to eventually buy a new double kick pedal, as the one I use now is my friends (which I have borrowed for WAY too long), and he is looking to take them back soon. As I searched on the internet, I found these Taye pedals. For $170 for a double chain drive, this seems like a steal, but I have never ever tried them. Local music stores dont have them either. Anyone have experience with them? I currently use Iron Cobra Powerglides and I want to know how the Taye pedals stand up to them. I tighten my springs all the way, and I play death/black/grind metal mostly, so I need a pedal that can live up to speed and a beating. Any information about these pedals would be awesome.

Thanks.

ShadowDrummer

Eh...no experience on Taye anything for me.
I currently use the Tama Powerglides with the IC Wood beaters.

And a fellow drummer from Sac I see LOL.

tomswift

ShadowDrummer":1o1p18jl said:
Me too. I have absolutely no experience with Taye but I just love to respond to posts that i have nothing to contribute to. I just LOVE to bloviate and spout off about my own equipment. I use the ACME douche drive pedals with the fragile balsa beaters when I actually play instead of wasting my time responding to posts in which i have absolutely nothing to contribute!!

Brother_Bong

tomswift":3g9iholt said:
ShadowDrummer":3g9iholt said:
Me too. I have absolutely no experience with Taye but I just love to respond to posts that i have nothing to contribute to. I just LOVE to bloviate and spout off about my own equipment. I use the ACME douche drive pedals with the fragile balsa beaters when I actually play instead of wasting my time responding to posts in which i have absolutely nothing to contribute!!
Funny,
not
:roll:

ShadowDrummer

tomswift":3ek4x84j said:
ShadowDrummer":3ek4x84j said:
Obviously not the most intelligent post I've seen.
If you think about it...
Describing what I use/ am used to would open ground for someone who HAS experience with Taye pedals to compare and contrast some other brand pedal that another person may be more familiar with.
:idea:

Cymbalista

I know this is way late But I have some actual experience with Taye products. They make first rate stuff. I had one of their entry level snares, considering it was entry level it was dam nice. My freind has a Taye kit and it is sweet. Their Cymbal stands are excellent. They are an up and comming company ala Mapex. I'm so impressed with my freinds kit I've added Taye as a possible contender for my next kit. Oh One of their Bass pedals won best in show at Namm last year so that tells you something right there.

ShadowDrummer

Cymbalista":j8nk3i3i said:
I know this is way late But I have some actual experience with Taye products. They make first rate stuff. I had one of their entry level snares, considering it was entry level it was dam nice. My freind has a Taye kit and it is sweet. Their Cymbal stands are excellent. They are an up and comming company ala Mapex. I'm so impressed with my freinds kit I've added Taye as a possible contender for my next kit. Oh One of their Bass pedals won best in show at Namm last year so that tells you something right there.

Well that seems pretty good. Hopefully I come across a product so I can try first hand.