Thinner Crash's

Scott_Hurford

hey guys,
buying some new A Custom Crash's soon, looking into buying the 18" & 19 " projection crash's (brillient finish).

my question being....
is it true that thinner crash's break less than thick ones? since the thin ones bend more they dont recieve as much of the impact as a heavy one does. medium-thin crash's in purticular

Thanx for any feedback i receive!

~Scott~

screamkevin

I don't know that it's true, Jason, since any crash can last an extremely long time if you play it using proper technique and form. Just expect the thinner crashes to be "faster" than the heavier ones, with less overring and more complex sounds. Those thin A Customs are some wonderfully complex sounding instruments.

scrubs

I see a lot of broken fast crashes on ebay, so I'm not sure if your logic is correct. Picking the right cymbals for your style and playing with proper technique will improve longevity. I love my 18" a custom fast crash.

IplayOCDP85

If you are looking for a cymbal thats going to last you should definately go with Z Customs. I play the rock series because I went through both of my medium crashes in 3 months. The Zcustom rock I got lasted me close to a year. But considering I play 2-3 hours a day on my own plus band practice and shows every weekend that doesnt help much... but most of the places we play only mic my bass so I have to play hard, which I wouldn't have it any other way anyway.

Spydr2000

I'm the ultimate cymbal cracker... "thin cymbals crack easy". But all cymbals crack. Things like power crashes and rock crashes are made for the heavy hitter/ loud player. Alot of this depends on the purpose your using it for.

I favor three crashes on my kit when playing all of those power crashes. If I were to ever to buy a thin crash it would be for a occasional sound that I would need and would be able not to kill it in the moment of live drumming. But if your worried about cracking a thin cymbal go to a medium weight cymbal.

Scott_Hurford

i love the brightness of the sound,projection crash's give. but i dont no whether medium crash's would last longer or not. i use the proper technique on my cymbals, i always have, a slicing hit on my cymbals is the way to go.

hmm so i'm kinda torn between the 18" & 19" projection A customs or the 18" & 19" medium A Customs

Spydr2000

Scott_Hurford":1etb41b2 said:
i love the brightness of the sound,projection crash's give. but i dont no whether medium crash's would last longer or not. i use the proper technique on my cymbals, i always have, a slicing hit on my cymbals is the way to go.

hmm so i'm kinda torn between the 18" & 19" projection A customs or the 18" & 19" medium A Customs
I use slicing hits also but I'm I play with alot of power. I don't set out to break any of my cymbals it is something that just randomly happens.