thinking of selling/trading all my guitar gear

invision

its really to bad, 15yrs of guitar and i dont enjoy it like i use too, i play it maybe 10 times a year for the last 3-4 yrs and then it collects lots of dust in between, i lost touch with it really so im thinking just to rid of it for more drum stuff.

im not sure whats it worth but this is what i have.

Epiphone Dot Deluxe( great shape about 8yrs old )
Squire Start( POS )
Line 6 2x12 spider 2 ( almost mint never gigged or turn up past 4 )

i figured a trade would be best but what do you think its worth, the guitar was a gift and i paid 400.00 for the amp.

JAdrums2k

Epiphone's don't have a really good resale value unfortunately. But you'll probably get more for the strat depending on it's condition.
The amp.... you'll probably get about half the original price.
My best advice is find a good trade

invision

JAdrums2k":gu5ypmhp said:
Epiphone's don't have a really good resale value unfortunately. But you'll probably get more for the strat depending on it's condition.
The amp.... you'll probably get about half the original price.
My best advice is find a good trade
yeah i know they are just considered wannabe Gibsons but this guitar screams in sound, has the 57' gibson pickups which make it stand out in sound from a regular Dot series, the wood is also denser making it heavy.

if anything id keep the amp i know people who play guitar but dont have a huge amp to drive over the drums, i dunno im addicted to drums.....drums man......who's got the drums?

invision

Potatoe Snack":318if8wv said:
I'd say keep one of the guitars at least, ya never know when the itch to play guitar will come around.
guitar really pisses me off some days, 15yrs of playing and i still suck so it just not worth my effort anymore.

JAdrums2k

invision":18k1fpfj said:
yeah i know they are just considered wannabe Gibsons but this guitar screams in sound, has the 57' gibson pickups which make it stand out in sound from a regular Dot series, the wood is also denser making it heavy.

if anything id keep the amp i know people who play guitar but dont have a huge amp to drive over the drums, i dunno im addicted to drums.....drums man......who's got the drums?
That's the bad thing about Epiphone's... I 've seen alot of them that really scream, beautiful sound, but most people see the label on it before anything else.

I made the trade off of my guitar rig a couple years back. I've played guitar for at least 15 yrs myself, just got to that point where I stopped learning and got really frustraded with it... I had a Wolfgang quilt top and a Marshall JCM900 half stack. Sold it all off & bought a new kit but I've kicked myself every hour of everyday since. Some times you just wanna plug that sucker in and shatter some windows

Potatoe Snack

i keep everything, i still have all my broken cymbals, like 3 horrible snares, hell i still have my epiphone guitar and the input is so messed up you can't plug it in anymore. you just never know when something will call your name.

invision

dude you cant keep a shabby working guitar, take the input plate off and resolder the connection...good as new.

its a thought that crossed my mind 100 times to trade it or not, it really isnt used much at all.

broken cymbals are fun to cut into new sizes, i cut a 12" splash into a 8" and turn it upside down and after hitting it a few times it turned into the shape of a china, sounds really wierd and trashy when hit.

Potatoe Snack

if you feel the need to play guitar, you need a guitar. simple as that. I dont have an amp to plug the guitar into anyways, so an input is basically useless for me.

and yeah i figure sometime i'll do something with those cymbals, not sure what though. they've been sitting in my trunk for like 2 years. what did you cut yours with?

nate

I am also considering this. I haven't been playing for 15 years, but I have been playing for about 3-4 now and only playing drums for a little over a year. Now I'm starting to want to play drums more and sell all of my guitar gear. I have a bit more to sell though (Eastwood Supro Deluxe ($750), Eastwood Delta 6 ($380), Schecter Bomber Girl ($480), and the best I could get out of it all would be about $1300(hopefully) and the worst about $1100-1200(again...hopefully) and I just haven't decided if I want to sell it all off, keep my new acoustic and a tele rip-off and get a new kit, cymbals, head, and hardware or just keep it and wait to try and get better on my kit now which wouldn't be that bad or buy and awesome set up. Its hard to decide, I know what your going through. Btw if anyone wants to possible see about buying the Schecter Bomber Girl, I am already trying to sell that one, just let me know. But what I am realizing is that I have to ask myself, Do I want to be a decent, but not amazing guitarist/frontman or will I be happy being a decent(still improving drummer)? But I would definately keep at least one guitar. As for the Epi I'm not so sure on how much you can get for it, mainly just depends on (1) Where you're trying to sell (2) If you can possibly find a sucker/noob who doesn't know what the value might be. I know it sounds mean, but if they are willing to spend some money without doing some research then it's their own fault, or at least thats the way I see it.

deluxe74

invision":1fr4ct4c said:
its really to bad, 15yrs of guitar and i dont enjoy it like i use too, i play it maybe 10 times a year for the last 3-4 yrs and then it collects lots of dust in between, i lost touch with it really so im thinking just to rid of it for more drum stuff.

im not sure whats it worth but this is what i have.

Epiphone Dot Deluxe( great shape about 8yrs old )
Squire Start( POS )
Line 6 2x12 spider 2 ( almost mint never gigged or turn up past 4 )

i figured a trade would be best but what do you think its worth, the guitar was a gift and i paid 400.00 for the amp.
I sent you a PM on a trade.