Thinking of buying Saluda cymbals.....

screamkevin

AmnestysLowEnd":2601s0b5 said:
anyone have experiance with there Mist-x line? Any sound clips?
ALE,

I use and endorse Saluda cymbals. My current setup consists of a 20" Mist-X Rock Ride, a 17" Mist-X Medium Crash, and several Diamond crashes, along with Voodoo and SEX China cymbals.

There are several sound clips posted of the Mist-X Line on the Saluda Website.

http://www.saludacymbals.com/c/sounds.php

Here's the link to my setup:

http://www.saludacymbals.com/c/ksiegel.php

Also, if you check out my band's MySpace page, I have posted 2 videos of us playing live, the sound quality ain't the best, but you can hear the cymbals just fine. They were recorded at a show back in February, using a regular old handheld video camera. The sound setup that night was Full PA, and full mics for the drums. There were no mics on my hats, cymbals, or overhead. The room we were playing in holds about 400-500 people, so it's a good sized room.

www.myspace.com/screamrockspa

I am proud to endorse and use Saludas. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

screamkevin

The closest description I can give you of the Saluda Mist-X is a combination of Zildjian's A Custom and Z Custom lines, or the Sabian AAX line. Make sure and listen to the sound samples on the Saluda site for a better idea.

Remember, each Saluda can be handmade to your specs, so the final sound is up to you. You can have them made to sound brighter or darker, "faster" or ringier, thin or thick, however you want.

There are several Saluda endorsers here on DML, so make sure and pick our brains, that's what we are here for. I'm here, PJ Clevenger (Timekeep69) is here, also ZeroDogma and a few others. We're all happy to take the time to answer your questions.

screamkevin

TheYardstick":131gjr0f said:
It can't be a Saluda thread without screamkevin :lol:.
Darn skippy!! :lol: :lol: Just trying to help out!

Devindrummer12":131gjr0f said:
I have always wanted to try them or at leats hear them, but i can never find them anywhere!
Dev, that's because Saludas can only be purchased online from the manufacturer. You can check out the sound samples by clicking the links in my previous posts.

AmnestysLowEnd":131gjr0f said:
What would be closest to a newer Zildjian K Dark Crash? Im thinking the Diamond series.
Absolutely correct, ALE. The Diamond series is awesome. If you're looking for dark and dry, check out the Black Mist line as well.

Timekeep69

I love the diamond series. Great sound and they look killer.

When I get my store opened, I'm planning on carrying Saluda Cymbals so anyone in the Phoenix area can come down and check them out.

AmnestysLowEnd

cool Thanks guys!!! I m gping to try a local shop I hear they carry Saludas!!! If not I m going to order a 16inch
Mist-x thin crash and an 18 inch Diamond Medium- Thin Dark Crash!!

AmnestysLowEnd

They did not carry them my idiot friend mistook them for staggs pure shit!!! But I have decided to wait on brass and buy 10 and 14 inch toms for my Pearl Export EXR!!! If I don't now I wont be able to get them soon :?

screamkevin

AmnestysLowEnd":13pwvouv said:
They did not carry them my idiot friend mistook them for staggs pure shit!!! But I have decided to wait on brass and buy 10 and 14 inch toms for my Pearl Export EXR!!! If I don't now I wont be able to get them soon :?
Don't be bummed, buddy! As long as you're adding something to your kit, it's all good! Again, here's where you can get the Saludas:

www.saludacymbals.com/c
www.drumgearonline.com

soulnomad

8) I just recently came over to the Saluda family and I am completely ecstatic over the cymbals they made for me especially a 20" flat ride from the diamond series and an 18" crash from the mist-x series although the entire line-up is killer.

AmnestysLowEnd

Yeah I just ordered my toms but its going to take 30 days to get them there on backorder!!! :( In a couple of weeks Im going to order a 16 inch thin Mist-x crash and a 18 inch Medium-thin dark Diamond crash!!! Just need to get my next check from work.

ludwigdrummer29

hey i know that saluda makes custom cymbals. if i sent them my vintage zildjians could they accurately recreate them. because i really don't want to break the real thing.

michiganice91":2dxv17yg said:
kevin..i noticed it says your from ann arbor, MI.. GO BLUE!!!! man
i second that. (as i look at my huge wolverines banner)

l_e_i_g_h

YES! a VERY good question! :)

ludwigdrummer29, Best send an email to them, then pop up the question! Let me know how you go.

I actually tried Saluda since it was recommended (they really look after you)...and bought a couple in behalf of someone...

1.) 20" Mist X crash ride
2.) 14" Diamond hats
3.) 16" Diamond medium-thin crash
4.) 7" Expressions bell <--- I ended up getting a bell for myself! Haven't tried it yet though

I can vouch for the Mist X series--the one that arrived really was the one I was looking for (bright but not TOO cutting)

As for the hats and the Crash...I may have mis-judged the weight I needed (maybe Medium Top and Medium Heavy Bottom?)

I think it's about knowing what you want...and just relaying it to the Saluda team...send them an email...I'm sure they'll help you figure out what a suitable match for you is. =o)

One-Saluda Cymbal Owner,
Leigh

ludwigdrummer29":61ozvydd said:
hey i know that saluda makes custom cymbals. if i sent them my vintage zildjians could they accurately recreate them. because i really don't want to break the real thing.

i second that. (as i look at my huge wolverines banner)

screamkevin

To answer your questions, yes, Saluda can re-create sounds of other cymbals. My 20" Mist-X Heavy Ride, for example, has several characteristics of the ride I used before coming to Saluda, a 1963 Zildjian A Medium Ride. I wanted my new Saluda ride to be a hybrid of that old ride and a Zildjian Z Custom Power Ride, and after 4 or 5 tries, Saluda nailed it in spades.

Sending them your cymbals (make sure and specifiy if you want them back, since Saluda does have a trade-in program) would be a great idea, so Jamie and the staff could hear what you are looking for.

And for all my Michigan homies...

Yeah, baby.