Things you hate at gigs

Fudman

Lets hear'em

my 2 most hated things.
1. When you dont even have you bass drum off the stage and the next band puts ther s#!& in your way.
2. head or stick brakes mid song.(sticks not that bad, just pick up a new one, I just hate missing beats)

screamkevin

Things I hate at gigs:

-Any request to play "Wipe Out".
-Any request to play "Freebird".
-People that ask for a stick...at every single show.
-Non-drummers who want to sit in to prove that they can play...And they can't.
-Drumming advice from guitarists or bass players.
-Singers who don't help with load-in or load-out, and who complain because it takes you so long to set up.
-Girls who come onstage to dance and touch your cymbals with their hands.
-People that don't even ask permission and just sit down at your drums.
-Singers who decide that it would be really cool to stand on your bass drum(s).

PureForm

#1 from Fudman is probably my biggest pet peeve ... but I also hate it when a band takes 20 minutes to tear down and it eats in to your set. Usually at that point I feel obligated to "help" get their gear off stage ... or at least of the riser.

#2 would be singers who walk over and hit cymbals with their fists.

#3 bad monitor mix, though this is always expected. I have never met a sound guy who cares enough to make sure I can hear everything.

#4 Getting bumped / moved because the opening band is 2 hours late, and they get your set time when they finally show up.

#5 people who throw stuff on stage.

#6 no room to set up / tear down ... usually because some drummer who's headlining feels the need to set up their kit in the hallway backstage before the show starts and screw everyone else.

#7 people who talk to you *while* you're playing.

dugdrummer

drummers that teardown on stage when your the next band on..get your gear OFF THE STAGE!!! so i can set up!! :evil:

Mr. Pants

dugdrummer":3hsq5636 said:
drummers that teardown on stage when your the next band on..get your gear OFF THE STAGE!!! so i can set up!! :evil:
Hell yeah!! :lol: :lol:

I'm a pretty nice cat, if they don't get off, I tell them I 'm going to help them...if they decline my help, I help them anyway. :twisted:

nv1bddrmmr

Bands that play 3 hour sets because they act like they have never seen a crowd. Then because of it you dont go on til like 2 in the morning

TLT1

bunnybunny":1dggv7cw said:
I hate playing someone else's kit during a gig
hell ya!!!....especially when the set-up is different than yours. Or the drums arent tuned right and it sound like crap.

kroh

1. FREEBIRD!!
2. Everyone watching is sitting on the floor.
3. Flying waterbottels.
4. terrible monitors.

Extremetrucker

I hate standing there waiting to get up and play ,watching the first bands drummer drop sticks, come off time, miss fills, and just generally be an ass. But think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. But I love setting the bar high. :twisted:

miren324

1. I got to a show, my first show actually, and realized I'd left my cymbal bag, with the cymbals in it, at home. That sucked.

2. Having to look down the whole time to avoid accidentally getting a glance of the singer who is sweating so bad that his white boxers are now clear boxers.

3. When I was in high school I played the talent show and they told us we could play 3 songs. We got there and they said they changed it to 1. Right before we went to set up on stage they told us they had time for 2 songs. We played through the first one, then we were getting ready to start the second (the one everyone wanted to hear) and they ran out and told us to break down because they were running out of time. Later on, another band went up and, because they now had some extra time to waste, that band got to play 3 songs.

Jaki

Anyone who isn't in the band coming with in 10 feet of my kit or me while I'm on stage... last guy who got close I pushed him into the side monitor and he later got band from the pub.... Idiot lol

1. People touching my cymbals.
2. People touching my kit.
3. People who don't like me because I use 2 kick drums.
4. People moving my gear with out my permission.
5. EMO kids who ask to use my kit.......
6. Anyone, especially singers standing on my bass drums.
7. Sum 1 elses kit during a gig... speically a tiny 5 peice.
8. Any drummers insisting they only use 1 bass drum wen 2 are there for them.....

it goes on and on

AMTJake

-When I have to use someone elses kit
-When someone has to use my kit (most stressful thing I've experienced) especially when they suck
-bad soundguy
-We once had a show cancelled after we presold $500 worth of tickets and had already set up and soundchecked....not to mention we were opening this show for a bunch of shitty bands with no draw...idiot promoters
-When I have to load in/out when it's raining/snowing
-Assholes that breakdown on stage like they're the headliners and spin the cymbals off on stage
-when drummers are tuning their drums when another band is playing
-when a band member thinks it's cool to stand or jump off my bass drum
-When drummers want to use my cymbals

trowa012000

Extremetrucker":1jtr9oyp said:
I hate standing there waiting to get up and play ,watching the first bands drummer drop sticks, come off time, miss fills, and just generally be an ass. But think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. But I love setting the bar high. :twisted:
Fucking Amen, I hate that! I also hate things being thrown on stage. At a gig a few weeks ago, a "brick" got thrown on stage and broke my resonant bass drum head. Another thing I hate, when a head breaks mid-set and you have to conciously tell yorself not to hit it.

dugdrummer

Mr. Pants":279w879y said:
dugdrummer":279w879y said:
Hell yeah!! :lol: :lol:

I'm a pretty nice cat, if they don't get off, I tell them I 'm going to help them...if they decline my help, I help them anyway. :twisted:
you and me both 8)

Fudman

man there are some pritty good ones on here I almost forgot.

another one is when the sound guy tells you this band youre playing with is realy good then they suck so bad you make jokes about them from then to, oh I say its been about 4 months now.

OMG thay sounded like thay had never played together( and they booted us out of our spot, they were a late add aswell.)

one of the other sound guys woulnt stop saying he was sorry, and that it was crap they pulled the stunt they did.

Qbs

I hate:

-soundmen because they are usually lazy and don't care enough to set everything up in the proper manner
-playing NOT on my stuff
-people wanting to touch, play etc. my drums (especially girls who have this irrestitable urge to strike my swish cymbal)
-playing in places where there is no separation of the so called stage from the rest of the club, hence there is no stage...