the worlds biggest bass

michiganice91

yep..purdue university is home to the biggest bass drum, looks like its between 65-75 inches..idk about u but a 75 inch bass would need a ginourmous beater..but itd probly sound like thunder!

Big Kahuna

yeah i just saw it like about 2 years ago for a football game at the sun bowl and it was huge and was loud ha

drumshark

I want it, im all about a big bass drum, but you might not need a big beater, maby bigger than most, but if it was a huge beater it would sound weird

any idea as to where to get one of those? i don't think keller makes shells that big, so no luck making my own. as far as heads go... really thick garbage bags pulled over the sides? hmm... no that would make it sound like a garbage can and i think there are already too many of those out there. hah

i bet that thing has amazing bass to it. like i'm sure it could stop your heart.

amontholdDrums":2gw17hid said:
wow.. why would you want that size on a drumset.. you couldnt see over it.. now could you hear over it
i wouldn't want it on a drum set. i would just want it as a toy. why not? the more drums the merrier.

phoenix7289

kevin owns at life":1a8oxm5i said:
amontholdDrums":1a8oxm5i said:
wow.. why would you want that size on a drumset.. you couldnt see over it.. now could you hear over it
i wouldn't want it on a drum set. i would just want it as a toy. why not? the more drums the merrier.
go you!

Drums Only

Thats one bib Bass drum!
Have ya seen Tommy Lee's custom DW bass drum on his kit? its massive! like 45" or something like that...

phoenix7289

Drums Only":1vc2mu56 said:
Thats one bib Bass drum!
Have ya seen Tommy Lee's custom DW bass drum on his kit? its massive! like 45" or something like that...
dear me that's huge! But I think that is more for show off or whatever... 45"??? Yah, like you REALLY need that.

PaulZILLA

i dont think thats the biggest anymore. Leedy has the worlds biggest drum, certified by the GBWR(guiness book of world records)
http://www.myspace.com/leedydrum if you dont wana go there, here is a the pic they have up of it. it may be the same drum, im not sure.

anavrinIV

Drums Only":1f3jsbhu said:
Thats one bib Bass drum!
its actually a 32", but its still the biggest one ive seen used live.

PaulZILLA

dayum. i want that thing. man, you guys are making me ebay shop for some of those oldschool 28 and 38 in bass.s i found a killer slingerland 28x14 on there. and a ludwig and slingerland 38. they even had a remo 38 in 1 side(head) promo bass. RARE!!! we need to debunk this. who really has the worlds biggest bass