The Rev

chachaman02

I have seen people post up things about the rev (Jimmy Sullivan). I Personally Love not only the Rev but Avenged Sevenfold as a whole. I just wanted to know how everyone else feels about The Rev. If you like him, make sure to say why you do. If you dont say why you don't.

Flatliner

good to see another mainstream artist who can play their instrument, I like the stuff he does between his feet and the snare drum, I'd put him in the same tier as travis barker and chad smith and a few other mainstream drummers.

Multibomber

Mofo has sick chops!! Took me awhile just to understand what the hell he was playing. Jamming along to City Of Evil is tons of fun and a great workout!!! Go Rev!

iplaydrums1

the guy is mad good, i have to admit. im not a big fan of the music, granted they do have their moments, but the rev is a sick sick drummer. definately one of the better ones ive seen lately

great drummer to practice his style from, he does a lot of interesting stuff..i give him a lot of respect

chachaman02

I jam along to City of Evil on a daily basis, so I know what you guys are talking about. The rev is definitly my favorite mainstream drummer right now.

slingerland66

the rev under the makeup is an ex marching band fag! said in the nicest way possible from a band geek myself haha. hes got the chops like chad-311 travis-everyone and their moms band.. who were in a corps. themselves. love the huritas in bat country.. one of my favorite rudiments.. or is it a hybrid?... whatever haha

loop

slingerland66":1miw9pxg said:
the rev under the makeup is an ex marching band fag!
slingerland66":1miw9pxg said:
my custom bass drum head just like buddy rich gene krupa etc... says slingerland and the badge logo with my initials. fuckin sweet.

watch your mouth

slingerland66

loop":w8x6xuj8 said:
slingerland66":w8x6xuj8 said:
slingerland66":w8x6xuj8 said:
my custom bass drum head just like buddy rich gene krupa etc... says slingerland and the badge logo with my initials. fuckin sweet.

watch your mouth
didnt know the internet was censored. excuse me sir. the rev is a former band geek. and my bass drum head is flippin sweet. :roll:

loop

slingerland66":3fcqgtfv said:
loop":3fcqgtfv said:

watch your mouth
didnt know the internet was censored. excuse me sir. the rev is a former band geek. and my bass drum head is flippin sweet. :roll:

ten times better

FastEddie

the rev is by far oen of my favorite drummers. and im seeing alot fo epopel say mainstream yeah in the past 2 years. before city of evil hardly anyone seen his shit. this drummer pulls off some amazing fills that i dont heard alot of drummers do ever. and i wouldnt compare him to travis baker i mean he is good but the rev is 10 times better than that. im looking forward to see what he does in the comming years.

FastEddie

sorry i forgot to add this but if you want and even more insane cd to jam listen to waken the fallen a7x last cd before city of evil. that will have you out for the night.

sp4zium

slingerland66":5q6p4ydc said:
loop":5q6p4ydc said:

watch your mouth
dude. don't hate on marching band. trust me, you go into marching band for a year, and your chops will improve by soooooo much... as well as your discipline and general life skills. As for the Rev. he's not quite up there with danny carey in my book, but he does have some mad chops... most of his speed comes from cocain and heroin, but hey, whatever gets the job done i guess :lol: I wouldn't quite call him a rhythmic genious either... rhythmic genious is when you can play 7-tuplets on the bass and 11/3 tuplets on the snare at the same time. oh yeah, and make it sound good =P