The Remedy Playing Creep

atroy

johnnyringo":rajc8a02 said:
atroy":rajc8a02 said:
Keep the faith, man. Keep rockin'.
OK, umm, is that good or bad? I'm not sure of your meaning.
Drums are good. Guitarists need shock treatment (be dynamic!). They had zero energy. Have the guitarist learn the emotional build up of octave chords that are in this song. Singer needs to be more emo on this tune, as well.

Again, the drums are pretty solid here. You are the backbone here and the others are just along for the ride, it seems.

stump

No offense but that was very dry. No energy and very Karaoke. The drums were fine but the whole group didn't do it for me. Peace on ya!

johnnyringo

You wanna hear something funny? The lead guitarist and bass player only just heard this song a few months ago when I introduced it to them. The guitarist is old school and mainly listens to classic rock, and the bass player is more into jazz and funk music.
I've told them before they need more energy, but it seems you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

atroy

johnnyringo":3b7ri75a said:
You wanna hear something funny? The lead guitarist and bass player only just heard this song a few months ago when I introduced it to them. The guitarist is old school and mainly listens to classic rock, and the bass player is more into jazz and funk music.
I've told them before they need more energy, but it seems you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
To me, it seems they learned the basic chords one time and then never listened to it again. I used to do that a bit myself when I'd learn cover songs. Then I'd go back and hear new things. The part of the song I was talking about is ESSENTIAL to nail down. It is the crescendo, if you will. All the emotion that the song is trying to portray is relying on that build up. Without it, it's flat as hell and can produce yawns from the audience.

I'll tell you this, I think you are the only one in the band capable of moving up. If you have a weak link or links, don't waste precious time and find better musicians. If you don't, you will regret it later down the road, trust me. Your time is now. :twisted:

johnnyringo

atroy":h1k5qt1i said:
johnnyringo":h1k5qt1i said:
To me, it seems they learned the basic chords one time and then never listened to it again. I used to do that a bit myself when I'd learn cover songs. Then I'd go back and hear new things. The part of the song I was talking about is ESSENTIAL to nail down. It is the crescendo, if you will. All the emotion that the song is trying to portray is relying on that build up. Without it, it's flat as hell and can produce yawns from the audience.

I'll tell you this, I think you are the only one in the band capable of moving up. If you have a weak link or links, don't waste precious time and find better musicians. If you don't, you will regret it later down the road, trust me. Your time is now. :twisted:
I appreciate that, but I'm a weekend warrior, just as the other guys in the band.
I have a day job and have given up any dreams of stardom. I play now for fun and a few extra dollars.
Don't get me wrong, I love the drums and want to be the best I can be as a drummer, but
I can't make a living at it.

Actually our bass player is a monster player, and the lead guitarist is quite good, we really only learned this song so we could bring on a guest vocalist, it's not even on our set list.
Do me a favor and watch my other video of "I'm a Man", they still don't show much energy, but listen to there playing, I think they do pretty well.

stump

Hey...know the feeling. I am a weekend warrior as is all of our band members. But brother, don't let that steal your passion and felling while playing. Fans feed off of your energy and it will keep them coming back. I am willing to bet you that if you took the same song and played it as if it were the last time you guys would ever play.... it would smoke! Peace on ya!