The Police Reunite - Who's ready to see Stewart?

RogersDrummer

I'm very happy they're finally getting back together. I love this band. I've always been a huge fan of Stewart Copland, and what he has done for the drums.

Who else holds Stewart as an inspiration?

cheers

RogersDrummer

Glad to hear it. It was announced on the radio and on tv. i forget when. They're supposed to be playing on the grammy awards next sunday i believe

Flatliner

heard they are getting back together, glad to hear it, haven't heard of anything else on it though, suppose If I googled them I'd no more but I don't feel like it right now.

Dee

Hail to Mr Copeland I say, he is one of my major influences, I was brought up on The Police and SC has been a major influence on my playing! I am well chuffed about this!

vargasdrumbeast

For those who want to know

The Police reunion are playing at this years Grammy's

Stewart Copland's a great drummer by the way, cant wait to see him play again

Johnny Cat

Ten bucks says Stewart and Sting will get into a fist fight right in the middle of their set at the Grammy's. That would be the best Grammy's ceremony ever!. :p

Zim

Nah! I bet it will be stiff and uninspiring cause although Stewert is an awsome drummer he's a buisnessman too . I beleive it is to get the job done and then see what happens. I wonder if s.c. and andy summer are broke?

m

Next time I see SC I'm gonna ask him what Practice routine he used to get back in shape!
I don't think he ever got 'out of shape.'
He's kept busy with scoring soundtracks and drumming with other projects and bands.

Gaddabout

First, Stewart Copeland is a long ways from being broke, being a composer of multiple film tracks (Rumble Fish won a Academy Award) and other work. Andy Summers might be, though.

The band is regathering for the Grammys, but the worst kept secret is they will go on tour this summer to support the 30th anniversary of Roxanne (their first big hit) and their 30th Anniversary box set. It will be a huge corporate deal that will probably net each member millions. Tix will cost huge bank.

I'm more than curious since it's just about impossible to perfectly recapture Copeland's old sound. It can be reproduced digitally, but not without processing. Tama is far removed from those old mahogany drums Copeland used to play, and he tuned them really high and punchy -- especially his BD. Even heads have drastically changed in 20 years. It should be interesting!

RogersDrummer

Actually, I've come to like Stewarts newer sound.

When he recorded Oysterhead with Les Claypool a couple years ago, he got a great tone from his Tama set. If none of you have heard Oysterhead, i suggest you look it up. Great music.

Gaddabout

RogersDrummer":1zzhxvbc said:
Actually, I've come to like Stewarts newer sound.

When he recorded Oysterhead with Les Claypool a couple years ago, he got a great tone from his Tama set. If none of you have heard Oysterhead, i suggest you look it up. Great music.
That's cool. I felt his sound with Animal Logic was too processed, but that was years ago.

RogersDrummer

Yea, I agree that his sound with Animal Logic was too processed. Luckily though his newer sound is about as natural as it used to be with the police. His drums aren't as punchy or as high pitched, they are warmer with more resonance, since they're maple instead of mahogany i suppose. But you never know.

Stewart does still have his old Tama set from when he was in the police. At least he did several years ago. He might even use that.