The Mixerman Chronicles

eml

Is this someone you know? I might just read it tomorrow but for now it looks way too long to finish in 15 minutes (on my way to bed).

BillRayDrums

eml":hgftwrac said:
Is this someone you know? I might just read it tomorrow but for now it looks way too long to finish in 15 minutes (on my way to bed).
No, just something I read a couple of years ago and was remembering it. And you will be reading this for hours. It's long....may want to copy/paste to get rid of that typewriter font (harder to read). Put it in Arial or Helvetica, maybe even times new roman and it'll go faster. For my eye, at least it does....

BillRayDrums":1xz2ncuh said:
eml":1xz2ncuh said:
No, just something I read a couple of years ago and was remembering it. And you will be reading this for hours. It's long....may want to copy/paste to get rid of that typewriter font (harder to read). Put it in Arial or Helvetica, maybe even times new roman and it'll go faster. For my eye, at least it does....
i read this while it was "unfolding"

i've heard a few people say that the majority of this is actually fiction or at best, a compilation of experiences from this guy's career all blended together to create one complete tale.

either way... it's pretty awesome.

rufus4dagruv

Anyone got "The Book?" I got to the 2nd to last page or whatever and then it ended....oooo....brutal. Killer marketing strategy, but I haven't located the book anywhere.

rufus4dagruv":2qnugc74 said:
Anyone got "The Book?" I got to the 2nd to last page or whatever and then it ended....oooo....brutal. Killer marketing strategy, but I haven't located the book anywhere.
i've been searching for this book for a few months with no luck. i'd pay a decent amount of money for it. from what i heard, the book continues well past week six.

i guess the book was self-released so it's fairly limited.

i've also read on a few different sites that this was optioned by a movie studio. don't know what truth there is to that.

rufus4dagruv

sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire":yygipkwt said:
rufus4dagruv":yygipkwt said:
i've been searching for this book for a few months with no luck. i'd pay a decent amount of money for it. from what i heard, the book continues well past week six.

i guess the book was self-released so it's fairly limited.

i've also read on a few different sites that this was optioned by a movie studio. don't know what truth there is to that.
Yeah, it was great read. True or not, the literary and comedic value are plenty entertaining. A movie, if done correctly, would be hilarious, guaranteed.

cableman26

Yea, I laughed my ass off the whole time I read this. I would love to know who the band was. "Dumbass" was probaly someone we've talked about on here as having great technique. :p

cableman26":29x8stal said:
Yea, I laughed my ass off the whole time I read this. I would love to know who the band was. "Dumbass" was probaly someone we've talked about on here as having great technique. :p
from what i've been told, the band's album ended up getting shelved and was never released.

rufus4dagruv

sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire":2ykllreo said:
cableman26":2ykllreo said:
from what i've been told, the band's album ended up getting shelved and was never released.
Any idea of who the band was? I guess if it was real, and it did get shelved, we may not recognize the name anyway.

rufus4dagruv":pu8w1wev said:
sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire":pu8w1wev said:
cableman26":pu8w1wev said:
Any idea of who the band was? I guess if it was real, and it did get shelved, we may not recognize the name anyway.
i've read a ton of online discussion over this and the general consensus is that this isn't the account of one specific band. most people just think it's a collections of experiences grouped in to one story.