The Ludwigs (and new Saludas!)

NG1284

New heads coming in a week or two (finally got around to replacing the stock heads... after two months :?), but other than that,, this is probably going to be the state of my set for a long time to come!

Ignore the messy state of my basement, please :D

Specs:

Ludwig Accent Custom Elite
12"x10"
13"x11"
16"x16"
18"x16"
22"x18"
14"x6.5"

Cymbals:
14" Zildjian ZHT Hi-hats
14" Paiste PST-5 Thin Crash
17" Saluda Mist-X Crash
19" Saluda Diamond Crash
20" Paiste 200 Ride
18" Tama stock
18" B8Pro China

Hardware:
Iron Cobras
Ludwig, Pearl, Tama stands
LP Ridge Rider Rock cowbell

It's not amazing, but it suits my needs and hey, I paid for it myself :). That China's pretty beat to shit, but it already had a chunk missing about half that size when I got it free when I bought some gear from a friend, so it's actually holding up pretty well. The Tama cymbal is just there so I have something to beat the shit out of (I don't like riding on my good cymbals).

Well, that's it!

NG1284

@ iampoor - I play in a metal band, but I play a lot of different stuff by myself.

@michiganice91 - Thanks man, I'm still in love with the finish. I love the 17" Saluda, it's one of the best I've ever played on. The 19" requires a bit too much force to get it to sing, but I still love the sound.

iampoor

NG1284":2elt545f said:
@ iampoort - I play in a metal band, but I play pretty much everything by myself.

@michiganice91 - Thanks man, I'm still in love with the finish. I love the 17" Saluda, it's one of the best I've ever played on. The 19" requires a bit too much force to get it to sing, but I still love the sound.
ALright cool.

WHat are your thoughts on that double pedal and how fast can you play on it?

NG1284

iampoor":120imxxh said:
NG1284":120imxxh said:
@ iampoort - I play in a metal band, but I play pretty much everything by myself.

ALright cool.

WHat are your thoughts on that double pedal and how fast can you play on it?
For the price, it's great. It doesn't compare to Axis's or the higher-end DW's, but I've never had any problems not being able to keep up with a song or anything.

Brother_Bong

You think that room is a mess? Haha brother you ain't seen nothing! My garage looks like it was shot at and missed, and shit on and hit! Kit looks good, as well as the cymbals! Cheers!

EOTE_drummer

lol we are probably driving you crazy, but i want a new kit, and was looking at that same one, how do you like it?

if it sounds as good as it looks i will strongly consider ludwig..

NG1284

I LOVE the sound. For the price range it's unbelievable. I'll never forget, the first time I gigged with it (my band mates hadn't heard it either that point), 30 seconds into the first song our lead guitarist just looked back at me with just "holy shit" on his face, haha. I really love the snare, it's very punchy. I have yet to try it out with some decent heads (as you can see :p), but even with the shitty stock 1-plys, I love it.

Alcyon

gorgeous kit man! same setup as me basically with one extra floor tom. i guess metal when i saw that danmar pad :p

NG1284

Well, if you like a really clicky and solid bass drum, then it's great. I love the sound it gives me, though I'll readily admit it's not for everybody.

Rob Crisp

Them some nice drums my man! As for stock heads, I kept the G2's on my Starclassic until it was worth changing them... The new heads are also G2's... go figure :p

dwtoast72

meinldude69":1aih3emy said:
i've read a lot of bad reviews on danmar pads

can i get YOUR review? =P
Don't like em'. They take aay from your bass drum's natural sound and aadd in that annoying click sound.

NG1284

Rob Crisp":39j0jrqb said:
Them some nice drums my man! As for stock heads, I kept the G2's on my Starclassic until it was worth changing them... The new heads are also G2's... go figure :p
But they're all one plies... the toms are killing me :p