The Faceless

StranGeL

is looking for a drummer.....

I really like them, and if you're a fan of metal you will probably like them too. I want to go for it, but I have way too much to handle already. I can't drop the six bands that I'm currently playing with to tour with them. SO....if you're interested and think you can handle the parts go to http://www.myspace.com/thefaceless
What you have to do is record yourself playing one of their songs and they'll get back to you.

strAngel

StranGeL

MasterShake89":11gpd863 said:
their drummer is ridiculously fast. ridiculously.

(here comes the slew of, "i can totally play that" posts)
Yeah man, his playing is awesome! And it's clean at that! It's gonna take some practice no matter who you are just because of the way the music is arranged. I sure would jump on it though if I wasn't already touring.

MasterShake89

they should get that nick pierce guy from youtube that plays some of their songs. hes really good. unless he has previous engagements.

dahlgrendrummer

SmellsLikeIan":31rdco46 said:
it sounds extremely "quantized" to me.....Pro tools? Triggers for sure......

Sortof...

And Actually Nick Pierce is the drummer who they are trying to replace...

What happened with there record is this, they had 4 different drummers play on it. When that happens, you have 3 choices: Leave it alone and deal with the drums all sounding different from track to track, retrigger all the drums and just deal with bleed from the overheads coloring the sound, or do what they did, pick one drummer on the record that had the best sound, sample all of his drums and cymbals, one by one, and rebuild the new tracks over the old ones. I wouldn't really call it cheating, it was probably a HUGE pain in the ass. Nick Pierce's track is the only acoustic drum sound on the whole record, the overheads tell the real story, the drums bleed just a tad. The record had some ridiculos drummers on it, the drummer for Animosity was on it too.

scepticILL

dahlgrendrummer":2194wzxb said:
SmellsLikeIan":2194wzxb said:

Sortof...

What happened with there record is this, they had 4 different drummers play on it. When that happens, you have 3 choices: Leave it alone and deal with the drums all sounding different from track to track, retrigger all the drums and just deal with bleed from the overheads coloring the sound, or do what they did, pick one drummer on the record that had the best sound, sample all of his drums and cymbals, one by one, and rebuild the new tracks over the old ones. I wouldn't really call it cheating, it was probably a HUGE pain in the ass. Nick Pierce's track is the only acoustic drum sound on the whole record, the overheads tell the real story, the drums bleed just a tad. The record had some ridiculos drummers on it, the drummer for Animosity was on it too.
Not sure I understood that, but thanks. Great album...

I thought Lord Marco was playing drums for the faceless?
Hes is one of my favorite drummers of all time. if i could be 2/3 as fast as he is i would be more than happy haha

StranGeL

last I heard, Marco Pitruzzella was going to play for them, but then decided to just pursue things with his band. You can also see him on youtube.

dahlgrendrummer

scepticILL":2vwigiuy said:
dahlgrendrummer":2vwigiuy said:
SmellsLikeIan":2vwigiuy said:

Sortof...

Not sure I understood that, but thanks. Great album...
No problem, sorry if it seems confusing. They are signed to a friend of mines record label, Sumerian, so I kinda got the skinny on how they recorded. There guitarist recorded the whole record. They are YOUNG too, like 19-24.