The Emergency Gig Kit

Groove

Sorry guys....I just saw a similar thread down the page. Ooops. "5 Things you need...."

DrummerImp

I think that pretty much hits it.

However, if I had to add 1 more item to "MY" kit, I would say......

DEODORANT

:lol: :lol:

especially if I'm the opening gig and hanging around till the end.

MasterShake89

DrummerImp":3tt2d1hs said:
I think that pretty much hits it.

However, if I had to add 1 more item to "MY" kit, I would say......

DEODORANT

:lol: :lol:

especially if I'm the opening gig and hanging around till the end.
seriously add that to myne as well. specially when u get off stage and the ladies flood you :p .....dont wanna smell funky.....

trstn

I'd just like to have some more gigs .. :D We'll see what kind of gear I need, but this forum has been a great help until now. I'll be prepared.

Rick Buchanan

Between me and my band mates I have all of these bases covered. But no one seems too mention extra heads? I keep a complete set of batter heads in our bus at all times. I have had to replace both top and bottom snare heads before, and another time I put a beater right threw a bass drum head, yeah I know I have a heavy foot...

Marki777

I have been doing this for years and I have 2 tool boxes that I use. 1 is for extended tours on the road and another is for local gigs. But 1 thing i have in both is some mustquito repellant. I did a gig at a festival that was out doors at night, and the lights drew every skeeter for miles. It was horrible. I must have had 30 bug bites all over me. So from that I learned to bring a good skeeter repellant and keep some in BOTH tool boxes!
I also have cleaning and polishing stuff in there too. Got to keep the chrome shiny!
I dont use WD-40 anymore, it tends to remove all the lube from the threads and leaves the metal bare, which in time will destroy the threads. Ive use a custom blend of oils for lubing the kit up. It consistists of Marvel Mystery Oil, Automatic Trans fluid and 3 in 1. Works great. My hardware is over 15 years old and everything still works great!!

Jaki

hmm i carry spare springs and bits for the pedals, a spare snare drum head incase and becuz i use 2 kick drums.. means 2 single pedals.. but just incase i take a double pedal.. not fond of it but its better to be on the safe side

stidger

good list fella
i always include a towel as well
cause i sweat like a pig !!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Kaos

I always take at least two snares cuz its quicker to change a snare out than a head. Ive had other things break and I just roll with it. thats just what you have to do.