The colour of my kit

phil-drummer

I got bought a JJ sig kit for xmas, didnt get asked if i actualyl wanted it , but its an awesome kit so im very grateful. BUT its black , and pearl have such an enormous range of colors, its practially endless and very custom.
Soooo..., does anyone have any tips on wear to buy new drum colors ( or wotever their actually called )

the color i was really going for was this :

Howepirate

if you notice this is not a wrap..this is a lacquer.I believe the JJ exports are a lacquer as well which means thats the actual paint..not a plastic thing wrapping a drum. And i believe this color is called Cobalt Fade if im not mistaken

screamkevin

Phil,

Check out some of the wraps that are available online, you can find them all over the place. Just Google "drum wraps". Some can be a bit pricey, but I'm sure you'll be able to find something cool for you, and I'll be willing to bet that if you can wrap 'em, the mates up at your local drum shop can help you out.

ludwigdrummer29

X Day-mow X":1j3kl8lp said:
well my kit is sand camo. beat that.
my exrs are blue srata....oh and i realy like that color on the elxs in the pic,my exrs are the same sizes exept i have a 14" tom...i would recoment drummaker.com for all your wraps and glue and such...dont for get to buy air vents and the tool to put them in.

phil-drummer

Howepirate":mopzwxov said:
if you notice this is not a wrap..this is a lacquer.I believe the JJ exports are a lacquer as well which means thats the actual paint..not a plastic thing wrapping a drum. And i believe this color is called Cobalt Fade if im not mistaken
no the JJ IS is wrap, but ok. cool thanks Screamkevin ill check em out[/b]

Roc_Hardwell

My shells are wrapped in stainless steel. Do ya'll think that effects the resonance of the shells? Looks great under stage lights but I wonder if I'll ever be able to get that sexy resonant tone out of my drums :?:

skitch

phil-drummer":21sd0bw2 said:
I got bought a JJ sig kit for xmas, didnt get asked if i actualyl wanted it , but its an awesome kit so im very grateful. BUT its black , and pearl have such an enormous range of colors, its practially endless and very custom.
Soooo..., does anyone have any tips on wear to buy new drum colors ( or wotever their actually called )

the color i was really going for was this :

Nice looking drums there!

Timekeep69

You're gonna pay alot to get that finish. Especially since your asking for a refinish. there will be sanding, prepping, lacquering, and clear coating. You'll probably spend the same amount if you were to just go out and buy the kit in that color.

dtran09

if your kit is wrapped, then all you'd have to do is take the wrap off.
www.jamminsam.com has a video of how to wrap a drum, but the first part explains how to remove an old wrap.
the finish you see on the ELX is NOT a wrap. check out www.drumshed.com's forums and learn about staining and fades. that is a stained finish with a black fade on the bottom and a slight one on the top. then probably a few layers of clear coat to make it shine.