The best ride cymbal for under 100 dollars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

middlemaniac

Hi, what is the best ride cymbal I could get for under 100 dollars?

Here are some im looking at:
Zildjian ZBT Rock Ride Cymbal (20 Inch)-$95
Sabian B8 Series Ride Cymbal (20 Inches)-$95
Paiste 201 Bronze Ride (20 Inch)-$79
Paiste PST 3 Ride (20 Inch)-$67

drumur

By a used Pro level cymbal.
There's a trading shop near me that always has older A Zildjians.

DrummerZ

You can usually find the sound of cymbal on the website of Paiste, Zildjian etc.
Or you could do what drumur said and purchase a used cymbal.
Also, check eBay, there are great bargains on there akit if the time.

Cheers, DrummerZ

screamkevin

drumur":39kr46rq said:
By a used Pro level cymbal.
There's a trading shop near me that always has older A Zildjians.
Agreed. You should get a used pro-level cymbal from any of the "Big 4" (Ziljdian, Meinl, Paiste, Sabian) from a pawn shop or music store that takes gear in trade. Not sure if Paistes would be more expensive, however, because they are more pricey when purchased new.

Your best bet is to look for a used Zildjian A or K series, or Sabian AA or AAX. They are the most common.

Also check E-Bay, there's most likely a buttload up for auction.

DrumsPlus

I agree with the other guys. You should never skimp on your Ride or HH. You play them the most. Try Craigslist, Music Go Round, pawn shops, e-bay, or anywhere you can think of. You'll be amazed at what you will find. Good luck.

rufus4dagruv

20" A Zildjian rides from the 70's generally sell for around $100, give or take, on Ebay. They are great cymbals for rock and other styles. Ones from the 70's generally have a hollow Zildjian logo on the bottom of the cymbal. At any rate, I would say that they are much nicer than any of the choices you have listed. Just my $0.02.

DRUMSMYWIFE

Since I am a die-hard Paiste Fan I would go with anything Paiste but if I had to choose in the 100 dollar range it would be the 201 Bronze because bronze sounds better than brass.

AmnestysLowEnd

Check out cymbalcellar.com for used cymbals. The guy buys great cymbals on Ebay and records them and puts them up for sale on his site.

Status
Not open for further replies.