That "one handed roll" banner on our foum

xdoseonex

The one handed roll banner thats constantly getting thrown in my face proclaims these thing

""Learn the secret method to play a truly revolutionary one handed drum roll that is faster than most drummers play with two hands!
Learn why "practicing does NOT make perfect" and what you need to do to see REAL results in your drumming (it's vital, and applies to ALL drummers) !
Unlock truly revolutionary drumming options with this technique that will change the way you approach drums, and let you play around the kit with blazing fast speeds!
Find out why this simple method is so easy to learn in minutes, and how tricking the world of physics lets you play faster without wasting your time with muscle memory exercises that can take months or even years to develop!""
Learn jaw-dropping beats and fills that can only be mastered with these special drum lessons! (Warning! These sensational secrets are revolutionary...use at your own risk!)
Insert this special method into a drum solo to floor the audience time and time again. You'll automatically win every drum battle you play - hands down!
And much, much more!

Now, I cant begin to tell you everything thats wrong with that statement.
"Practice does NOT make perfect"?? "wasting tie with muscle memory excersizes"? c'mon who are they kidding. Learning to use your snare rim as an axis to play double to speed on your snare would hardly affect your drumming as much as accually practicing for hours a day would, and any drummer knows that. As for the "automatically win any drum battle you play, hands down" thing, well thats just stupid as well as udderly false. I play i mean one handed roll,and i cn tell y right now, the technique isnt even THAT impressive. My point is this banner is misleading and alot of aspiring drummers looking to get better have probly clicked it and go by what they read. its a disgrace to our drumming comminity and it should not be here

drummert2k

im guessing its on here for advertising purposes possiblybecause of funds donated to this forum for having it on here. im sure this site isnt cheap.

although annoying and honetsly a little misleading, atleast you dont have to pay to be a member on here.

drummermike58

yea, and besides, i entered a 500 person solo competition last tuesday after only 36 minutes with this program. All I had was my bucket and one stick, i couldnt afford much more, but with the one handed roll program..... (insert one handed drum roll here for suspense)... I won, AUTOMATICALLY!!!!! HOLY CRAP why did I ever lear other rudiments or even use a full drumset!! I mean, whats better that one handing it anyhow, how cool is that!? lol, that was fun writing...

drummert2k

drummermike58":2c8uvgtx said:
yea, and besides, i entered a 500 person solo competition last tuesday after only 36 minutes with this program. All I had was my bucket and one stick, i couldnt afford much more, but with the one handed roll program..... (insert one handed drum roll here for suspense)... I won, AUTOMATICALLY!!!!! HOLY CRAP why did I ever lear other rudiments or even use a full drumset!! I mean, whats better that one handing it anyhow, how cool is that!? lol, that was fun writing...
you can only afford a bucket and one drumstick for a huge competition you entered but you have enough money to throw away on this course and a dvd player to watch it on?

besides, the one handed roll isnt impressive enough to "automatically win" a competition. anyone can go on youtube and learn how to do free hand (gravity blast) or open close (pinch release) and all that stuff). i've been using the one handed roll in drum solos since i was in 8th grade.

drummermike58

drummert2k":2t0rpe4t said:
drummermike58":2t0rpe4t said:
HAHAHA Im sorry i didnt seem to let that story come off sarcastic enough as it was more of a mockery than anything. All events therein are false and only a representation of the dramatic advertisement one would expect to see if this training CD were on an infomercial. I guess my sense of humor isnt what it once was...

Flatliner

hey , the one annoying banner with the fly is gone and as long as the banners continue not to use sound you can't turn off they can put whatever they want to on here as far as I'm concerned.

insultinjury

drummermike58":2ak0fa5j said:
drummert2k":2ak0fa5j said:
drummermike58":2ak0fa5j said:
HAHAHA Im sorry i didnt seem to let that story come off sarcastic enough as it was more of a mockery than anything. All events therein are false and only a representation of the dramatic advertisement one would expect to see if this training CD were on an infomercial. I guess my sense of humor isnt what it once was...
Dude your sense of humor is fine. I laughed when I read it. I mean I didn't LMAO or LOL, but I did L.

Susanboy

I dunno. It really isn't something I'd pay for. I just looked up the gravity roll, and it isn't that earth shattering. I got it in like an hour, and I couldn't see myself using it that much. But somethings got to pay for us to endlessly debate the whether evans or remos are better, and which kinds of sticks to use.

dob?

yeah if you really want to learn it then look it up on youtube... it is kind of cool, but pretty useless :?