Terrys kit

anavrinIV

drummer912":1opj1k52 said:
it's sweet as crap, but cmon, u dont need 20 toms. still cool tho.
your ignorance is showing...

you may not need all those toms but terry bozzio does. he plays chromatic music on a drumset, not just drum beats and fills. all his drums and cymbals are chromatic for his playing.

bago

anavrinIV":322atmok said:
drummer912":322atmok said:

you may not need all those toms but terry bozzio does. he plays chromatic music on a drumset, not just drum beats and fills. all his drums and cymbals are chromatic for his playing.
Im sorry anavrinIV Im showing my ignorance know, does chromatic mean the whole kit is tuned to notes so that he can play a whole piece of music like a piano would. He was playing the melodys as well as the grooves
iv not heard of chromatic before but im a thick git anyway

http://www.myspace.com/petelumley

trstn

Martybabes":pxldo6o0 said:
chromatic is all the notes (all white and black keys on a piano)
yes. close.

chromatic means "half tone steps". Stepping through the 12 tones we are using in our harmonic system. Chromatic describes a line of half notes. No particular key is used in the tuning of Mr. Bozzio's drums so one may call them tuned chromatic.
I'd give a lot to sit down at that monster for a few minutes...

wanna mangle you brain?
trstn

Spydr2000

I don't get it ! I've heard this kit and I don't it even think it sounds good. Look at it this way you can't gig with the damm thing.

dwtoast72

TB is about closer to being God of percussive arts than anyone in our history of drummers. The man makes a living off of playing melodic tunes on THAT kit. Most of us play in a band (or have at one point). So we don't need all that hardware for melody. Someone else is doing it. Hard to play?? For you, maybe; for him? think about it alittle, now..... the damn thing was probably built O-ROUND!!!! him. But he does just do "wierd shit" on the drums. Like someone said early on, he has several kits for several applications.

drumsforlife

Ehem, specifiacally, the toms to his left are chromatically tuned. And the ones to his right are diatonically tuned. This means he has the half steps on his left, and whole steps on his right.

xdoseonex

not only is his set chromatic, the other side is diatonic. you'll notice he has notes written on his toms. for any other drummer that would be a bit much. be her played drums like he playing a piano

drummer912

anavrinIV":2j7w8vaj said:
drummer912":2j7w8vaj said:

no, i've seen tht video of him settn up his kit for 12 hrs and talking about how he uses each tom. although i dont listen to him tht much, i do know about wht he does. it was alittle ignorant to post tht w/o explaining tht i understand why he has all them toms. my bad.

anavrinIV

drummer912":2suhknkz said:
anavrinIV":2suhknkz said:
drummer912":2suhknkz said:

no, i've seen tht video of him settn up his kit for 12 hrs and talking about how he uses each tom. although i dont listen to him tht much, i do know about wht he does. it was alittle ignorant to post tht w/o explaining tht i understand why he has all them toms. my bad.
ok, i gotcha. usually when people say "he doesnt need all that" they havent ever seen what he does. it may not be necessary for anyone else but for him, yes, it is fine.

break the prism

drumshark":2qzrb20r said:
I dont see the point of him having a throne, in order to hit the cymbals, he'd have to stand.
nah. a skinny, lanky guy like him has got to have a pretty decent reach. plus, from what i've seen he uses longer sticks.