Taylor Hawkins

dammow

New member
I think taylor deserves more credit than he gets due to dave grohl being the singer in the foos. personally i think taylors a better drummer.
dave is more bonham and taylor is more stuart copeland. anyone agree?
 
dammow":2lrbyxva said:
I think taylor deserves more credit than he gets due to dave grohl being the singer in the foos. personally i think taylors a better drummer.
dave is more bonham and taylor is more stuart copeland. anyone agree?
he's not a bad drummer, but i don't think he's better than grohl.

i agree with you on your bonham / copeland comparison though.
 

DrumsPlus

New member
sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire":n1c831eg said:
dammow":n1c831eg said:
I think taylor deserves more credit than he gets due to dave grohl being the singer in the foos. personally i think taylors a better drummer.
dave is more bonham and taylor is more stuart copeland. anyone agree?
he's not a bad drummer, but i don't think he's better than grohl.

i agree with you on your bonham / copeland comparison though.
+1
 

DRUMSMYWIFE

New member
I think if theres anyone in the rock drumming world that deserves cred, it's Taylor! He can lay down perfect grooves for FF and make them alive. He also has great timing and a undeniable sound that makes you want more!
 

TheYardstick

New member
I don't like his playing with Foo Fighters in the slightest.

It's always the same thing over and over and over, especiall that little snare fill he does on the &a.

The solos he plays are great though.
 

tapeworm97

New member
dude taylor hawkins is the shit.
i love the way he beats up a drum set.
in the song Everlong and My Hero, wow dude awesome :eek:
 

sowta90

New member
Grohl anyday
Grohl was more of an inspiration to me growing up with nirvana etc...
but taylor hawkins plays some really funky beats
 

wmpdrummer13

New member
DRUMSMYWIFE":2iz84tgx said:
I think if theres anyone in the rock drumming world that deserves cred, it's Taylor! He can lay down perfect grooves for FF and make them alive. He also has great timing and a undeniable sound that makes you want more!

Actually Hawkin's main issue early in his days with the foo fighters was his timing. He always had some timing issues and that is why up until their most recent album Grohl did all the drumming on the recordings. He has stated that Dave has taught him a lot and now i think he is becoming a good solid drummer. I definatly see the Bonham influence in hawkins more than Copeland. I actually dont see any copeland in his playing.... Grohl is just a great musician all around the man has a great rock voice, constantly puts out hits and catchy lyrics and is a great frontman. Given all that he can still go behind the kit and tear it up!
 
tapeworm97":sjqd9h6c said:
dude taylor hawkins is the shit.
i love the way he beats up a drum set.
in the song Everlong and My Hero, wow dude awesome :eek:

Dave wrote and played both songs on the drums and recorded them too. Taylor is a good drummer too tho.
 
Top