Taylor Hawkins for coheed??

shiebcte

I heard on the radio this morning that Taylor Hawkins is going to drum on Coheed's new album, im not sure how i feel about this cuz hes deffinetly no josh eppard. Any thoughts?

Steven McTowelie

i was really hoping chris pennie would do the album with them, i was excited to hear how that would sound. it'll be very interesting though, i'm sure there's much more to taylor's playing than what we've heard from him with the foo fighters, so i'm excited to hear what comes out of it.

SuNoAnBuKi

He was a completely different drummer before The Foo Fighters. I cant remember the song, but there was one he did with Alanis Morrisette that was pretty intricate. I think he'd be a good addition, substitute or whatever. I cant say Ive really enjoyed Coheed's newer album's but The Second Stage Turbine Blade was THE SHIT to me, I think it'd be neat to see what Taylor Hawkins could've done with that album.

Call me Gideon

I don't know what song Taylor tracked with Alanis but he was the tour drummer for her Jagged Little Pill tour. That was the first time I ever saw him and he did a good job. I didn't even know Coheed was minus a drummer. Why'd this guy quit? I'll reserve judgement on what Taylor will do fo Coheed. I'm pretty sure he knows the concept of play for the song so I doubt we've seen everything that he's capable of.

shiebcte

well the bassist and the drummer both left during a tour pretty recently, i dont really know why, but the bassist came back and josh eppard didnt.

i can't stand hawkins' playing. then again, i'm not a huge fan of coheed and cambria either.

i wonder why chris isn't playing on the album. he left DEP for that band, after all.

NCdrummer

Interesting. I wonder will he be touring with them as well? Three of the guys in my band are HUGE Coheed fans and are going to see them in August (I think.) I like some of their stuff, but just haven't been able to totally warm up to it as they have. I do love "A Favor House Atlantic." We do Favor House and it's one of my favorites on our set list.

shiebcte

i dont know if he's done with the foo fighters. I read an article that said x foo fighters drummer but i dont know how accurate that was. All i know is he's doing the new album and i dont know if he's touring with them. Id guess that he was cuz they're playing the full warped tour circuit. We'll see!