Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh, their ok

• Dislike them

• Absolutly hate them

• Total voters
I have a 8 piece TAYE tourpro double bass drum kit. I personnally think that you can't get a better drumkit for the money.

I was just wondering what everyone else thought?

Shalaq

I like them. Very nice vintage vibe in the sound. If they made 22x14 kicks, I would buy myself a 22 12 14 set ;]

Piddywiffle

TAYE drummer 4 life":3q4vs6fm said:
I have a 8 piece TAYE tourpro double bass drum kit. I personnally think that you can't get a better drumkit for the money.

I was just wondering what everyone else thought?
Man I was really tempted to buy a rock pro from Taye. It looks really clean and fun to play, BUT i've never had the honor to check on out hands on. So I really feel ackward about putten 1600 bucks down on one. But i've only heard great things.

I don't think that you could go wrong with any of the TAYE lines, even the entry level line, SPOTLIGHT, has an AMAZING sound, they sound huge, especially for the money. And the hardware is top notch!

Mike T

I have played them and i think they are a very good buy, they remind me of old school Rogers in their sound and in their sturdiness i like them much better than alot of other companies more expensive sets.

Piddywiffle

truthkidkyle":3o0e3x62 said:
why in gods name would you ever need an 8 piece kit?
More options ma good man. Some people dont want/need that much. Me on the other hand. I do what that much. More actually. It's just give you as the drummer a larger array of possibilities. 8)

anavrinIV

truthkidkyle":2pnrvxgf said:
why in gods name would you ever need an 8 piece kit?
im guessing a 4 piece with 4 cymbals will do for you? my favorite drummers all use double bass big kits...danny carey, mike portnoy, neil peart (no double anymore, but he has a double pedal), lars ulrich, vinnie paul. its all in taste. me, i like a lot of different flavors.

Mike T

Shalaq":3btn9k8j said:
@Mike T- what model are you talking about? The Studio Maple or Tour Pro ?
sorry studio Pro i played both not alot of difference really but the studio pro's seem pretty stout..

drkilldrmz

I had a PROX set of taye's with the 20" bass drum. WIth the E-mad on it, had a great punchy sound. Only problem i found was the wood was pretty soft and prone to dings. Hardware package and stock heads were even decent.

rlrrll

I like the Taye drums. The student sets (Orbitone) are great birch shells for the money. The hardware is fair.

I hate the catalouge pictures though!! Who put these kits together??? Oviously not a drummer.HA

t :roll:

Pictures don't look right when they're set up by someone thats knows what they are doing. They're supposed to look more "presentable". I just don't know who they try to impress, should only be drummers looking at them seriously.

ZexxFable

I LOVE my Taye's, I can tune them all sorts of different ways for any situation; also, I've played several different sets from different series and they start off great and only get better and better. And yes, the hardware is great and the stock drum heads aren't that bad. The only complaint I have is my 10x10 tom and my snare have a lug nut a piece that refuses to stay tight when i'm playing really hard. Vibrates loose I suppose.

Great drums.

Zexx