Tama Warlord snare

Timekeep69

I finally saw the Praetorian (bell brass) in person at the local Guitar Center. I have to say I'm not impressed with them. They look cool, but come on! $1700.00 for a snare drum??? Not to mention the drum had to weigh 15 - 20lbs. I wouldn't want to have to lug that thing around to gigs. It wasn't much lighter than my cymbal bag.

drummer912

i played on a spartan and i think the valkryte or whtever they call the ones tht cost like $600 bux and they didnt sound a whole lot better (if any) than good old $200 pearls.

xdoseonex

i played the $2,500 warlord at namm today. and my ludwug supraphonic F***S THAT SNARE UP. but you seen to think that lake superior is worth it. cmon, $3,000 for a snare drum?

SuNoAnBuKi

I don't really see what you're saying dose. I kind of do - but not really. I agree fully with you that over priced snare drums are stupid and just another way for companies to milk drummers of their money. Personally, I wouldn't spend more than $500 - $600 on one and that's only if I could afford the snare, all my bills and my mortgage at the same time .. which will probably never happen. But what I don't understand is that nobody here on this thread said that they would personally buy a Lake Superior Snare, or a Warlord snare. People did say that they agreed it was semi-worth it and that it's a beautiful drum, but that doesn't mean that they'd go out and buy one. I mean, think of it like furniture ... mahogany desks and dressers cost a fortune, ya know? If people got the money to blow .. let 'em blow it then. More snare drums in our price range for us!

Rob the Drummer

$3,000 is a lot of money for a snare. However, if the drum is a rare, hand crafted piece of art using the finest materials available, then it's worth the money. If you can't afford it, too bad.

I never saw the Warlord, but I've heard nothing but great things about Bell Brass snares!

xdoseonex

do you honestly think i'm aying its overpriced because i cant afford it?. thats just a stupid statement

Rob the Drummer

I didn't say that. I can't afford the thing either, but I'm not going to bitch because it's over-priced. I think they are worth every penny because of the reasons stated above. If they were cheaply made and all that, then yea, I would bitch about the price. But they aren't.

goatatl

I'm sure they're top notch quality, but for that kind of cabbage, they should load themselves in and out of the gig...

xdoseonex

you can get like 6 supraphonics for 6thaqt price, and the supraphonc sounds alot better. im sure theyre top quality buit thats wayy too much money.
I still want the whole kit tho

anojeezick

I am interested in getting the Spartan. Has anyone played that one?

Which one is the best if not. I am definitely not getting the brass one though...