Tama Rockstar 8piece(info needed)

PaulZILLA

so ive found a really good deal on a Tama Rockstar 8pc. i dont wana take my good nice kit to gigs, cause well its not fit for the music i gig with, and its too much risk. i just wana know does the rockstar come with Starcast mounts. cause its on musiciansfriend, and they are bad about using the wrong picture.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=490845
if thats the kit. id prolly buy it, and do somethin with the 8in tom, causei dont like em. but i need a good metal kit. and the mountin ont he toms is important to me. if its starcast ( or at least a good suspension) its a go. if its not, or if its straight into the shell. hell no to it.

Call me Gideon

Unless they've taken a step back then the Rockstar will come with the Star-Cast mounting system. I bought one about 6 years ago and they did then. Looking at that kit makes me wanna buy it. I could could get two kits for $900 doing that. (I play a 4 piece) I might actually do that. :)

anavrinIV

yes, they come with starcast mounts. even if they didnt, theres nothing wrong with mounts that are drilled in the shell. yamaha yess mounts are connected straight to the shell even their highest end sets...they sound phenomenal and hold perfectly.

PaulZILLA

well thanks guys, ill prolly get that for a gig'n kit. i dont rightly need an 8in tom haha. but i can still have fun with it.

sefalik

PaulZILLA":2esn9nyc said:
if its not, or if its straight into the shell. hell no to it.
Having toms with mounts attachted to the shell really isn't that bad... people/companies have just hyped it up to be some huge NO-NO. Yea, a good suspension system is going to generally be better. But just because it's mounted on the shell doesn't mean that drum is going to sound any worse.

That said, I don't see why it wouldn't come with the Starcast mounts. The old ones though, not the new chrome ones that the Starclassic kits have. Those are actually pretty nice, but I personally don't like the black Starcast mounts. I've actually known a few Rockstar owners who actually removed the starcast mount and drilled the shells so that it's mounted right on the shell. ;)

PaulZILLA

but i AM a fan of all starcast mounts. and its just going to be a gigging kit. nothin huge. but its gona have to take some damage, and ive always thought the toms sounded better with starcast than the direct drilled ones. it helps the drum resonate the way i like. and for how i tune i need good resonances. now i have been known to use wood filler and seal the breathing hole in the drum sometimes. youd be surprised the difference.