TAMA G MAPLE SNARE????

coffeeleafmusic

I just bought a TAMA G MAPLE SNARE (6 x 14)....and I love it! it sounds huge in comparison to many snares I hear....the 13 ply shell gives the drum a warm and controlled sound...and with a bright edgy resonance to it. But, I wan't to know what other people think of it. I'm tired of my perspective because im bored of it...haha....any perspective good or bad will do people!!!!

-c-

iplaydrums1

hey, glad to hear a good review on it! ive been wondering what the normal drumming community thinks of it. do you by chance have a picture??

i know the drummer from evanescence uses a g maple on the new record/ and or live...as well as a bell brass, and his snare on the new record is quite powerful sounding. so, i definately know what you are talking about

coffeeleafmusic

Yes, I can take some pictures of it.....I also have a bell brass snare from tama as well....its a 5 1/2 x 14 bell brass. I love it to death as well! The g maple I have is the sun burst 6 x 14.....it has a very full sound....i'll post pics as ASAP. I'm about to record with it in Seattle in a couple of weeks....a producer from el paso now lives there. His name is Mike Major. Im curious as to see what it sounds like mic'd up. I've only practiced with it since I just bought it 2 weeks ago.

Laz

I have one on order with my custom Tama kit, I'll let you know how mine sounds in mid April. lol

DrumStyx

I just picked one up about a month and a half a go and I love it! It has a
nice "crack" to it. I also like the look of it too with the abalone inlay.