Tama 10inch steel snare

Tazdrummer

rufus4dagruv":tiqbpwj2 said:
Tazdrummer":tiqbpwj2 said:
Anyone familiar with this snare?
What information are you looking for?
The kind of "is it worth buying" info :wink: You know.... just general info, does it have a good sound, ect.

I was going to bid on it on Ebay but fell asleep in the last hour of it.

It ended up going for $42 with $18 shipping.

Maybe its for the best..... maybe that is a sign I should get a new cymbal first. (I have only a crash and a ride btw... :D )

LOL. The perils of eBay. I had that a couple of times too. Missed by a dollar or so. Not a good feeling!

Hope you can get your snare or cymbal soon!

Tazdrummer

teenageheartattack":32azj1nf said:
LOL. The perils of eBay. I had that a couple of times too. Missed by a dollar or so. Not a good feeling!

Hope you can get your snare or cymbal soon!
I am taking the missing of that snare as a sign to buy a Meinl or two.

(I got a 14 inch ZXT Thin crash and a Paiste 302 18 inch crash ride...... I am in desperate need of cymbals.. :lol: )

bigtone23

I had one-a 10x6". It was good, but I really like the maple 10x5.5" Artwood version I replaced it with. Immediately sold off the metal one after getting the maple up and running. Maple has a more even response and is warmer, don't really need a bright 10" snare, it's already got that in spades! Best thing about these Tamas is that they are a good buy. I bought the metal for $50 and the maple for $60 used.

botcore69

i had the 12x5.5 hammered steel snare and it was one of the best snares iv ever head. bright, cutting, loud but good articulatoin aswell. cheap too, got mine used for £60, which is about $40 i think. definately worth a look :)
peace

Rob Crisp

botcore69":gtmy08v0 said:
i had the 12x5.5 hammered steel snare and it was one of the best snares iv ever head. bright, cutting, loud but good articulatoin aswell. cheap too, got mine used for £60, which is about $40 i think. definately worth a look :)
peace
DING!

I have that snare and I like a lot too!

Bob-Nunney

I have a Tama 10"x6.5" Black Nickel Coated Steel Shell and its fantastic. Coupled with Remo heads all round, its a lovely little auxiliary snare, mounted to the left of my Hi-Hats. Cracking little thing :D I highly recommend buying one, you wont be disappointed!

Bob =D