Take a listen...

drumsforlife

This is probably in the wrong section, and I apologize. I just wanted some replies on this, and I didn't get any after I posted it in the Show your band section. I think it's kind of cool. I'm working on a song, and I mixed down the intro to it. It's missing some guitar tracks, and I'm going to go back and re-record the drums with my acoustics because the electronic sounds like crap. Let me know what you think! Thanks!

http://download.yousendit.com/8B7EDE62263820A8

drumsforlife

it's an electronic roland T808, i think, or it's TR-808, i forgot the model number it's the e-drums at my church, they let me goof around yesterday...

drumsforlife

yea, i played some of it...kinda like cheating to go back in behind it and clean up some stuff, but yea. Like the fills, some of my 3 against 2 stuff was rushed, so i went back in and cleaned it up instead of doing a second take. I mean, i had about three hours in a church with their keyboards and their e-kit and their post production racks and stuff. It was fun. I'm going to be going back once I'm done with the entire song and re-record with my acoustics. But i'm going to be writing with the electrics because my software notates out what i play with them, so i can go back and recreate somewhat with my acoustics. Once I have the song finished, i'll take it home and record in with my kit at home. I did a little work on the vocals today, so once I finish up some more of those, i'll post that again. Of course I'm going to keep y'all updated on the progress of this song! Thanks for your input! I just wanted to see what kind of a direction I was heading in, good vs. bad...

EDIT: I added some new stuff, and vocals. Thoughts?

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 5E38C0D4C9

SGarrett

Maybe try laying the groove back a little, especially the part where you're singing. It'll make it feel more powerful.

drumsforlife

Thanks for your input. I'll remember that when I go to re-record with my acoustics. Right on! Thanks!

EDIT:
Oh yea I'm so naming the first section of my song It's a Small World on Acid. I loved that.

SGarrett

drumsforlife":1xdfw1oe said:
Thanks for your input. I'll remember that when I go to re-record with my acoustics. Right on! Thanks!

EDIT:
Oh yea I'm so naming the first section of my song It's a Small World on Acid. I loved that.
You're quite welcome. :)

And...hahahaha. That rocks. :lol:

drumsforlife

Oh, I let somebody else hear my song yesterday, and they asked me why I was going through the touble of putting stuff in with the electric, and then re-doing it later with my acoustic. My answer was it's easier that way. Sure I could sit in front of a computer and notate in all the stuff with my mouse, but it just seems to be easier to play it in - especially since I have a laptop with one of those touchpad mouse things. It's very difficult to navigate around my software with that thing. But yea, I'm going to be finishing up the composing process and the vocals later on this week, and next week, I'll dig my kit out of storage and record in the "actual" drum parts. I'll sit back on more of a groove seeing as I have only a single pedal on my acoustic kit. I did kinda go crazy with the double pedal fills and stuff didn't I? It's hard not to when they're axis longboards. Don't get to play on those too often, double pedal period for that matter.

When I finish all my demo work, which it looks like about 4 songs so far, I'm so giving you credit on the naming of that first section...