Swivel Technique...i need help lol

The MP

Hey can anyone break down the swivel bass drum technique for me or send me a video, i want to learn it damnit lol its the only foot technique i cant figure out

Piddywiffle

As from what ive seen its a "play on" of the heel toe deal.... But without the heel toe.

It's basically the same idea... you rock your heel down follow with the toe, but when you do it you swivel your heel off to the left or right of the plate. So the extra hit from the heel doesnt come thru.

Basically it will end up looking like a one handed roll... the whole rimshot, follow thru, bring your hand back up, repeat thing.. But with your feet.

Your, in essence, doing a roll with your foot with a lazymans single stroke.

Now... this is just what ive gotten with the vids off you tube... If you want more go to http://www.youtube.com and look up swivel double bass technique.... or worlds fastest double bass.

I might be off with my desc. of it all, but it's what ive gotten outta it.

Cheers

drummert2k

The MP":3ag5qmba said:
Hey can anyone break down the swivel bass drum technique for me or send me a video, i want to learn it damnit lol its the only foot technique i cant figure out
Tim Waterson explains it as the motion when you put a cigarette out. you have the ball of your foot on the pedal with your heal pivoting side to side. you're heel wont touch the pedal at all. go to you tube and search for tim waterson and the swivel technique. you'll find some stuff there on it.