surprised by ludwig sticks.....

MasterShake89

fed up with zildjian, vic firth, and pro mark hickory 5a's that all died much too young, i decided to try a new brand of sticks. Ludwig. I have a ludwig kit. why not grab a set to match it? i do. turns out they're a little heavier than the others but have outperformed them in every way so far as far as im concerend. anyone else try these?

drummert2k

i love the 5 A's and 7 A's. they feel great and feel a little beefier than those sizes of other brands. my only complain is for some reason (maybe the shape or something) the beads on the wood tipped sticks seem to chip the first time you miss the bulls eye on the ride dome and hit the wing nut or something. but thats just a very small thing to complain about cinsidering how seldom it happens

anavrinIV

have you tried promarks oak 5as? thats what i use and i find that they last longer than hickory and also have the heavier weight that ive really come to like...its like holding a 5a with the weight between a 5a and a 5b...i love it. these things are also very durable...i find that one pair can easily last me 2 or 3 months with playing every day and 5 hour rehersals.

MasterShake89

anavrinIV":4hsqrmn3 said:
have you tried promarks oak 5as? thats what i use and i find that they last longer than hickory and also have the heavier weight that ive really come to like...its like holding a 5a with the weight between a 5a and a 5b...i love it. these things are also very durable...i find that one pair can easily last me 2 or 3 months with playing every day and 5 hour rehersals.
are those the japanese oak ones? ive wanted to try those for some time but my shop didnt have any.

sicdrummer

idk man i love the promarks oak but yeah i like the feel of the portnoys too but not my fav well just keep trying ill try ludwig notmy interest but w/e

kc1296426

I live in the middle of flippin' nowhere, the only sticks available are 5A's, 5B's, and 7A's from vic firth and pro mark. =P

goatatl

kc: I buy almost ALL my supplies online, even though I live in a big city. Just more convenient . Might be a good way to go if there's limited selection in your area. UPS'll go just about anywhere.
As for the Ludwig sticks: Athough I swear by Regal Tips, I have used them on occasion, and have alway found them by be of good quality.
G

dkmfan

i really don't ike ludqig sticks. when ever i use them they seem to bend right down the middle and it effects my grip along witrh the contact the head makes with the drum