Sunlite vs DW

Rob the Drummer

I'm really looking into getting a new set. I'm torn between Sunlite and DW. I'm really leaning towards the Sunlites though because I feel they have superior build quality and better hardware. I think DW is just a name and you don't get the craftsmanship that you would from Sunlite IMO. :lol:

SGarrett

Rob the Drummer":30lgkukm said:
I'm really looking into getting a new set. I'm torn between Sunlite and DW. I'm really leaning towards the Sunlites though because I feel they have superior build quality and better hardware. I think DW is just a name and you don't get the craftsmanship that you would from Sunlite IMO. :lol:
d00d, toetally. mah fiend got 1 n et sownds bad ass!

:p

SmellsLikeIan

Rob the Drummer":2g7i16th said:
I hope you're kidding.....I tend to think you are. Unless things have changed at Sunlite, all they make is entry level kits. You can't compare those to any professional level set from any company.

drummer912

yea, i believe he's kidding. Rob wouldnt trade his DW for anything i bet....well mabye timekeep's first act kit.

Drumosaurus

sunlite is good if you are just throwing the drums in the trunk and heading to a small gig. most of their drum sets are bop sized. mine had a 18x16 bass drum. so basically they are for going from gig to gig. DW is good if you're getting serious about drumming and are starting to get bigger shows and a fan following.

I personaly would choose sunlite, I had a sunlite for six years and it never let me down.

skitch

I think I am going to go for a Sunlite endorsement! Some other high end brands wanted me to endorse their drums, but since I can trigger drum sounds anyway, what does it matter?

Scogar

I personally don't really like my sunlite...I am also going to get a new set because, as has been said, sunlite usually just makes beginers kits.

I'm looking to either build my own or get something from Mapex or Ddrum.

Toad

Sunlite is a great set and they do make PRO models. My wife bought me a sunlite for christmas a few years back. I first thought it was a piece of shit but i put new heads on it and tuned it up and they are great! Now all sets are not created equal I admit, but what you play all comes down to PREFERENCE. I have played Pealr, Gretsch, Tama, Yamaha, DW and Slingerland, I prefer Sunlite.