Sully Erna

drummert2k

yeah, hes not bad. i think i remember reading he did the drums on the first godsmack disc. i personally dont like godsmack but he is a good drummer. not great, but good

Yep Sully indeed plays drums, as DrummerT2k said, he played drums on the first Godsmack album. He's pretty good.
I saw Metallica with Godsmack in 2004, Sully and Shannon Larkin did a dual duet drum solo. They had two kits on two platforms across the stage from each other, the platforms turned and rose up and down. It was pretty cool.

Flatliner

yeah I heard that's a standard sort of thing for them to do. Remeinds me of the Genesis drum duet as far as it being a standard nightly thing.

screamkevin

Actually, Sully did all of the drumming on the first major label disc, and most of the drumming on the second CD. He's a tremendous player, with an awesome sense of groove. When he and Shannon do their thing, it's an awesome sight, since most double-drum solos get all FUBAR with nobody taking turns.

anavrinIV

ive seen godsmack twice and they did it both times. if you like them and get a chance to see them live then go because this battle is awesome to see live. last time i saw them, sully played hand percussion for about half the solo while shanon did his thing, then theres a part where they play exactly the same thing and take turns doing fills...very cool to see a band do that.