sugestions for a meinl crash

a7xjlee

The time has come to get a new crash and becuase i have sabian zildjian and saluda i thaught it give meinl a go. Im after a crash around 18-19" that is not to dark to to bright kind of in the middle to blend with my k's and hhx's.
Primary uses would be ridding on it and using it for louder accents although i dont want it to be incredibly heavy im thinking medium in thickness. I play a wide range of genres mostly funkish rock. Sorry if i didnt provide good information if not give me a yell and ill try to explain more.Any sugestions thanks in advance!

peace from auzzie

drummerduba

If you are looking for something brighter I would recommend Meinl's Pro B8 Line, Mb8

18" or 20" Medium Crashes sound reallly Bad ASS!!!

DrumsPlus

I have a 16" and an 18" and they are great. Play them hard or soft it doesn't matter with these cymbals. They are not bright either, but they can be loud if you want them to be.

Alan_

I've played the byzance crashes recently. I had no idea they would sound as good as they do. don't they have a bunch of different sub-series under that umbrella? the crashes I played were completely lathed down. they were really musical, had a lot of different frequencies going on, fairly warm, not really trashy tho.

Alan_":2roiqfpt said:
I've played the byzance crashes recently. I had no idea they would sound as good as they do. don't they have a bunch of different sub-series under that umbrella? the crashes I played were completely lathed down. they were really musical, had a lot of different frequencies going on, fairly warm, not really trashy tho.
if you go to the meinl site theirs at least 5 different sub series theirs Brilliant, Jazz, Dark and a bunch more.

DrumsPlus

Mine are Meinl Byzance Traditional Medium Crashes both the 16" and 18". I also have a 14" Traditional Byznace China, which I love.

Alan_

I love Cheese and drums":jr1awuag said:
Alan_":jr1awuag said:
if you go to the meinl site theirs at least 5 different sub series theirs Brilliant, Jazz, Dark and a bunch more.
wow, that's a lot of finishing options.

went and checked, the ones I played were apparently from the Traditional series.

DrumsPlus

Alan_":aps77520 said:
I love Cheese and drums":aps77520 said:
Alan_":aps77520 said:
wow, that's a lot of finishing options.

went and checked, the ones I played were apparently from the Traditional series.
There are a lot of options in that series. You can almost find any sound you want in that series.